CL and TL- the MACRO Image Thread

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My dancing bee pal's precision has improved, making it a bit easier to catch him in action . . .    CL with 180mm APO-Elmarit-R + APO-Extender-R 2X . . .    Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

I notice a lot of Macro interest of late. Let's start a Macro image thread.   CL - Vario-Elmar 105-280R. ISO 3200     Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!       The only rule for the thread:   Photographs of small items larger than life size,  taken with the CL or TL     Please state lens and method (i.e., macro lens ,or short

apo macro elmarit 60/2.8asph -f/6.3 Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/22/2021 at 6:19 PM, bcorton said:

Is it only me, or do others enjoy the textures and subtle colors of flowers that are past their prime? (Um, I like fresh flowers too. 'Just had to get that out there.)

TL2, 90mm Macro Elmar-M with Macro Adapter.

I spend a summer taking photos of dying Michaelmas daisies! I’m liking yours very much! 

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I am still finding my way around my recently purchased CL and with only the 18-56mm zoom don't see it as a natural tool for macros. I only have an achromatic close up lens which gives reasonable close up results at about 250mm. I do a fair bit of higher magnification work on my Sony kit and didn't buy the CL for that sort of application but I tried it this afternoon to see if I could get to about 2:1(half life size on sensor) magnification. It was frustrating due to the fixed rear screen, lack of stabilisation and especially the non availability of an electronic remote release. However the rendering is pleasant and I find the camera easy to use in full manual mode.

This picture of a wild white violet is uncropped and taken with the CL fitted with Olympus OM 50/f3.5 macro lens.

Edited by mike_j
Posted (edited)

Leica TL2+Tele-Elmar-135, f4

Oxidation

Trim 100x100

Edited by Dopaco
On 4/8/2021 at 7:03 PM, mike_j said:

I am still finding my way around my recently purchased CL and with only the 18-56mm zoom don't see it as a natural tool for macros. I only have an achromatic close up lens which gives reasonable close up results at about 250mm. I do a fair bit of higher magnification work on my Sony kit and didn't buy the CL for that sort of application but I tried it this afternoon to see if I could get to about 2:1(half life size on sensor) magnification. It was frustrating due to the fixed rear screen, lack of stabilisation and especially the non availability of an electronic remote release. However the rendering is pleasant and I find the camera easy to use in full manual mode.

This picture of a wild white violet is uncropped and taken with the CL fitted with Olympus OM 50/f3.5 macro lens.

Very nice shot this. I don't own any Olympus lenses so just curious which adapter you used on the CL. Currently experimenting with a non-macro Canon 50mm, manual mode only using the TTL metering of the CL, EOS-M + M2L adapters... bit clumsy feel TBH

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2021 at 9:37 AM, RM8 said:

Very nice shot this. I don't own any Olympus lenses so just curious which adapter you used on the CL. Currently experimenting with a non-macro Canon 50mm, manual mode only using the TTL metering of the CL, EOS-M + M2L adapters... bit clumsy feel TBH

Just a dumb adaptor. Make is URTH https://uk.urth.co/collections/lens-adapters Nicely made and excellent fit.

• 2 weeks later...