Mo' money, mo' muscle

abrewer

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The Corvette ZR1 delivers 755 hp with a top track speed of 212 mph. Seen here waiting to lead the field to the start of the Indy 500.

M10 35mmf2ASPH

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

Humorous (slightly) follow-up: this car was destroyed a few moments ago when a "guest" pace car driver (a General Motors Executive) spun the Corvette, crashed into a concrete wall, the air-bag deployed and it had to be trucked away at the Detroit Grand Prix IndyCar event on Belle Isle. 

Egg, meet face.  :lol:

Humorous (slightly) follow-up: this car was destroyed a few moments ago when a "guest" pace car driver (a General Motors Executive) spun the Corvette, crashed into a concrete wall, the air-bag deployed and it had to be trucked away at the Detroit Grand Prix IndyCar event on Belle Isle. 

Egg, meet face.  :lol:

Oh boy, fortunately not toooooo many people about to see this, LOL.

A Kiwi won too?

Gary

• Like 1

Yes, he is going to get a ribbing. I can only remember one other pace-car accident in IndyCar in my lifetime, and that was at Indianapolis maybe 40 years ago.

And your countryman Scott Dixon, one of the finest people and drivers we've ever seen, won yesterday's Detroit GP No. 1. Race No. 2 is underway as I write this.

A lot of Z0-6s met a similar fate, causing some wise new owners to take training on the car.  It

is even more important for the more potent ZR-1.  The motor press certainly likes the car.  Lovely photo.

• Like 1

Thank you, Stuart, and yes a high-performance or racing school course is essential. The first time I bought a Porsche I went out to Bob Bondurant's School (now in Phoenix) and spent three days learning enough to keep myself from getting killed or killing someone else. The things I learned there are still with me and I use them every time I get behind the wheel.