The Last M3 Ever Made - for Sale (at a price!) ...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

A person in Canada is selling, on Ebay, the last M3 ever made. It is complete with paper work (from Leitz) testifying to the fact that it is, indeed, the last M3, and is unused and boxed etc etc.

If you're interested the price is something in excess of £447,000 (Yes: four hundred and forty-seven thousand pounds!).

Are you interested? Here's a link -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THE-LAST-LEICA-M3-1164865-CHROME-10150-CAMERA-BOX-PAPERS-NEVER-USED-AMAZING/292548459994?hash=item441d3f3dda:g:3joAAOSwtdVa6zt6

• Like 1

My beautiful M3 is also from the last production year 1966 with a wonderful 115xxxx-No.

I would give it away with heavy heart for ridiculous one or two % of the requested half million pounds. :)

A person in Canada is selling, on Ebay, the last M3 ever made. It is complete with paper work (from Leitz) testifying to the fact that it is, indeed, the last M3, and is unused and boxed etc etc.

If you're interested the price is something in excess of £447,000 (Yes: four hundred and forty-seven thousand pounds!).

Are you interested? Here's a link -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THE-LAST-LEICA-M3-1164865-CHROME-10150-CAMERA-BOX-PAPERS-NEVER-USED-AMAZING/292548459994?hash=item441d3f3dda:g:3joAAOSwtdVa6zt6

Awesome! I'll take two.

Setadel is a dealer I bought something from, time to time (my last item from them was a Focorapid) , and I've seen that is normal for them to go both via ebay and via their own site. Of course their long description is justified by the exceptional complete set end docs… but I find a bit hilarious this statement :

"Mechanics
-Mechanically amazing that this is still working well. Shutter speeds, rangefinder and all."

What amazing if the camera has never been used ?  :p  As Ian said, probably the shutter worked 19 times or so… ;) 
Edited by luigi bertolotti

If its not been used the shutter speeds will be off. Mine was drying out after 20+ years (of use!) And the higher speeds were getting faster.

Gerry

I would imagine that the shutter speeds being off would not be a worry for anyone splashing out half a million quid on this camera. It will be interesting to see if this gets any traction on eBay. This may be a trial 'visibility' run for an auction sale in which wealthy purchasers would be 'introduced' to the camera. That is the way that very high value items are usually sold. The real issue is how high a value will the market place on this item and will it get anywhere near the value of the very first M3.

William

I'm really conflicted. Should I buy that lens or purchase every home on my block, have them all torn down, land plowed flat and with the remaining pocket money build a fantastic castle in the middle. Too many options. Life is tough.