Zeiss ZM 18mm on M10

jonatdonuts

Since you haven't received any replies, I'll chime in. I don't have an M10 but used to own the Zeiss 18mm and shot it extensively on my M240-P and SL. I used either the 18mm Super-Elmar or WATE profiles. Great performance with both and I don't think there was any significant color shift even when I forgot to apply those profiles. It's a great little lens. 

• Like 1

I recently bought the Zeiss 4/18 Distagon and use it on the M10. Works like a charm.

This gallery shows the photos I shot in Iceland with that lens. Only manipulations on those photos is crop, saturation, vibrance etc. No adjustments for CA etc.

Don't know the exact apertures on those photos, but the one with the cross on the graveyard is definitely shot wide open. The rest @ f/8 - f/11-sh.

B.t.w. I used the 'internal' viewfinder and Liveview, but bought a Zeiss viewfinder 18mm last week (secondhand for 125 euro), since I find the LV a bit cumbersome.

Edited by willemr
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I recently bought the Zeiss 4/18 Distagon and use it on the M10. Works like a charm.

This gallery shows the photos I shot in Iceland with that lens. Only manipulations on those photos is crop, saturation, vibrance etc. No adjustments for CA etc.

Don't know the exact apertures on those photos, but the one with the cross on the graveyard is definitely shot wide open. The rest @ f/8 - f/11-sh.

B.t.w. I used the 'internal' viewfinder and Liveview, but bought a Zeiss viewfinder 18mm last week (secondhand for 125 euro), since I find the LV a bit cumbersome.

what lens setup do you use on the M10 for this lens

thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Give it a try and code it like one of the possible 21mm - this helped me on the M240 to get rid of the red Corners (plus developing thru Lightroom). If you experience vignetting, rotate the hood.

• Like 1

I think the Distagon 18/4 is a big goal. I use this lens, that pulls the framelines 50/75 on my M9, encoded as Super-Elmar 18 / 3.8 11649 (code 110100).

When I remember that I have manual lens selection, I put it as Super-Elmar 21 / 3.4, (code 110011), which corrects a little better the light fall in the corners.

Best regards
chema

I often thought about buying a Distagon 18mm, but in the end I decide to stay with my SEM21, which is a more general purpose wide angle lens fore me.

For the rare cases I need more, I bought a Voigtlander 4,5/15mm lens which is a great ultra WA for my needs.

This is my personal taste, but by using wide angle lenses, nearly every single mm results in a different view ...

• Thanks 1

With the M9 I use one of the Zeiss "very good" recommendations: 24mm F2.8 ASPH 11898 and it works great. Regards, Ron

If I wasn't clear, this Zeiss recommendation is for the 18mm Distagon. Regards, Ron

• Thanks 1

• 5 years later...

I have been using the ZM 18mm mostly with an M8, I use the ACR profile when processing "Zeiss ZM 18mm f4". This corrects a lot of color and spacial distortion.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!