Advertisement (gone after registration)

Val d'Orcia Cypresses, a long exposure taken during a Workshop I led in Tuscany (Italy) in Spring 2017. Leica SL, Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-90mm and filters Formatt-Hitech Firecrest.

SL_03202.jpg

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri
  • Like 6

Gorgeous photograph Vieri

Thank you very much Mark, glad you enjoyed it! :)

Fine picture.

Apropos of workshops, can you (and how do you) accommodate film users?

Thank you very much Michael, glad you liked it. Apropos the Workshops, I most definitely accommodate film users, I only wish there were more :) What do you shoot, exactly? 

Best regards,

Vieri

Thank you very much Mark, glad you enjoyed it! :)

Thank you very much Michael, glad you liked it. Apropos the Workshops, I most definitely accommodate film users, I only wish there were more :) What do you shoot, exactly? 

Best regards,

Vieri

Hi Vieri,

Thanks for your response. I have been pretty much exclusively using Ildord XP1 Xp2 and XP2 Super in an M2 and M3 (variety of lenses) roughly since they were introduced. I love them - XP2 Super is a terrific balance between speed, tonality, sharpness, exposure forgiveness and all other technical stuff. And it can also be successfully developed in HC-110. And I think the results are simply beautiful. I could go on, but won't.

To be honest, I am (probably) not a candidate for your workshops, but I like your work and I suspect you provide a great experience.

Thanks again.

M.

Edited by Michael Hiles
  • Like 1

Hi Vieri,

Thanks for your response. I have been pretty much exclusively using Ildord XP1 Xp2 and XP2 Super in an M2 and M3 (variety of lenses) roughly since they were introduced. I love them - XP2 Super is a terrific balance between speed, tonality, sharpness, exposure forgiveness and all other technical stuff. And it can also be successfully developed in HC-110. And I think the results are simply beautiful. I could go on, but won't.

To be honest, I am (probably) not a candidate for your workshops, but I like your work and I suspect you provide a great experience.

Thanks again.

M.

Hi Michael,

I was a Pan F Plus 50 lover, in the Ilford camp, both 35mm and 120 :) But, my weapon of choice for 35mm street and portrait was Kodak Double-X, 200 iso, movie stock but with amazing tones especially when developed in 510-Pyro which is what I used for pretty much everything - still do, actually, when I use film. I still have a M2, loaded now with Tri-X (I stopped finding Double-X a few years ago...), but I don't use it nearly as much as I'd love to. Too much work, too little time for play, I should create a B&W film project to get out there with my film cameras more!

About the WS, if you love landscape photography you are welcome to join us - that's pretty much the only requirement. I'll PM you for more info, I wouldn't want to turn this into a WS thread :)

Best regards,

Vieri

• Like 2

Love the drama in the Vieri.

So do I.

Another great photo :)

Thank you very much gentlemen, I am glad you enjoyed the mood and drama here! :) Best regards,

Vieri