9euf

ND filter for Summicron 50mm

Hi all,

I recently hit on a Summicron 50mm and bought it. Now I need a ND filter, preferably a variable one, as I'll be shooting open.

Could you recommend me one ? I live in Europe and would appreciate if you can also tell me where I can buy it. Sometimes it's hard to find a certain model.

Thanks and wish you all a good weekend.

N.

- thanks ! I've already sent a message to the team of this website... but could you (or anyone I'd appreciate it) tell me which size (which ES?) of the filter I should by for my lense (Summicron-R 50mm) ? 

There were two models - if your lens has a pull-out (built-in) hood, it takes a 55 mm filter. If it takes a separate clip-on hood, it should have a filter retaining ring on the front that unscrews. This was meant to hold a non-threaded Series 6 (or VI in Roman numerals) filter.

There were two models - if your lens has a pull-out (built-in) hood, it takes a 55 mm filter. If it takes a separate clip-on hood, it should have a filter retaining ring on the front that unscrews. This was meant to hold a non-threaded Series 6 (or VI in Roman numerals) filter.

Thanks for your reply. It seems that my lens has a separate clip-on hood. If I'd like to get a ND filter for this lens, which size must I look for? 

“Series 6” is the size, but since lens makers stopped using the “series” non-threaded filters they are rare. It looks like Heliopan may still make them

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?ci=114&fct=fct_circular-sizes_27%7cseries-6&N=4026728350

Thanks a lot ! I'll look into it. Btw, would it be possible to put the ND filter on the hood instead ? It looks like the hood itself has a has a ring for unscrewed filters...

Sorry to summon you back... I just purchased a series VI Heliopan ND filter. However, it does not fit directly to the lens. Do I need a filter ring first to put the filter on the lens? Thank you!