M10 Love (or lack of it)

Tragg

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Yes, love my M10. It would have been the perfect camera for me if Leica removed both the ISO and shutter speed dials. I shoot aperture priority 99% of the time and it would have been nice to have just one button at the top plate -- the shutter button!

I've been happy with every Leica I've ever owned, from a 111 (can't remember if it was an A or C) in 1969, upgraded to a double wind M3 in 1970, two M6's in 1995 (my present for our 25th wedding anniversary) two M8's (stupid to buy two, but was used to having one body for colour and one for B&W), M9, M240 and then the M10.

In my opinion they just keep getting better and better although I can't really see how they're going to improve on the M10.

Just my two cents for what it's worth.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2019 at 11:48 PM, jkcampbell2 said:

Really? I think there are a few street photogs that would disagree. And wether the ISO dial is on the left or the right really doesn't have anything to do with a camera being a rangefinder or a SLR. I never understood why people try to define what a rangefinder should be by what it is "not" instead of its possibilities.  Possible firmware fix, make the left ISO dial and the right Exposure Comp dials programable. Set the camera up the way you want it. Cheers, jc

Well said. 

My first M10, bought new last year, damaged during a fall, has returned, this week, from Leica North America. Circuit defect/interruption repaired, and rangefinder adjusted. Lovely! :)

I had been concerned that the damage had been much worse, as evidenced by a green screen of death, and no images being recorded on the SD card, which is one reason why I bought a pre-owned M10 from the nearby Leica dealer, Houston Camera Exchange. Well, no more worries. Now, if I want, I can use my Summilux-M 50mm ASPH on one, and a Zeiss Distagon 1,4/35mm ZM on the other; quicker than pausing to change lenses.

Yes, I love the M10.

Edited by RexGig0

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 3:19 PM, RexGig0 said:

My first M10, bought new last year, damaged during a fall, has returned, this week, from Leica North America. Circuit defect/interruption repaired, and rangefinder adjusted. Lovely! :)

I had been concerned that the damage had been much worse, as evidenced by a green screen of death, and no images being recorded on the SD card, which is one reason why I bought a pre-owned M10 from the nearby Leica dealer, Houston Camera Exchange. Well, no more worries. Now, if I want, I can use my Summilux-M 50mm ASPH on one, and a Zeiss Distagon 1,4/35mm ZM on the other; quicker than pausing to change lenses.

Yes, I love the M10.

Nothing like having 2 M's!

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

First day with my M10 and loving the art of range finding so much...I do have most of the dials set on A (ISO and Shutter), so for me the experience is awesome and layout perfect. My daughter is so much more receptive to me shooting her with it rather than my old Nikon D4...it's sort of funny that I can get more PJ shots with this camera.

The wifi connection is great too, I can sync and get emotive shots to family and friends quickly without the chore of downloading and post processing obsessively like I'm used to. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3