"Banding" in sky in Monochrom 246 images

Peter_S

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Indeed - a bit of grain in the sky fixed the problem.
Messed around a bit more - in the end, upon jpg export, LR and C1 yielded the same result.

Correction on my initial post: it was an orange filter, not yellow.

Irregardless of the cause ... should be able to ameliorate it with a small amount of grain. Which could be added to the sky in a layer.

A wonderful shot it trying conditions. 

Bob

Edited by Peter_S

To interrupt with a question. High altitude photography is subject to a lot of ultraviolet, short-wave light. How might that be effecting sensors or film? Filtering comes to mind.

Hi! I sold only one print, and asked the receiver - he said no, no complaints.
I did not see the printmyself, I must admit. I hardly do, only when I get magazine send to me where there is a print inside.
A shame, I should print more.

Is banding in the print?
Jesse

Good question - I had some pretty strong effects of orange and red filters with film in altitude, but that may be related to the film choice also.
These were on Tri-X and orange on Contax T3 at 6500m (first) and red filter on Contax G2 90mm at 4300m (second). Both upon my first tries to develop film a few years ago, so a lot of variables.

Pik%20Chapaev_1_o.jpg

XVI_26_o.jpg

To interrupt with a question. High altitude photography is subject to a lot of ultraviolet, short-wave light. How might that be effecting sensors or film? Filtering comes to mind.

Edited by Peter_S

Hi! I sold only one print, and asked the receiver - he said no, no complaints.

I did not see the printmyself, I must admit. I hardly do, only when I get magazine send to me where there is a print inside.

A shame, I should print more.

Yes, it is a good idea to verify the print. What you see on screen is not the same as it appears in the print, even if you are using a calibrated monitor. It took me multiple iterations of calibration and printing to get it predictable.

I would not be surprised that the banding you see on screen does not show on the print.

Jesse