New CL -- Images look awful

For what it's worth, the Fuji is not so good with adapted Leica M lenses on it either--  as compared to just using native Fuji lenses where the results are stellar.

I found that Leica M lenses of wider than 50mm focal length do no act well on non-Leica digital bodies. My experience was only with Sony A7R and Nex5 (the latter in fact was better) bodies so things may have changed since. Leica digital bodies must do a lot of in-body processing to overcome the issues with M lenses (hence the need to have lists of lenses as presets) which is absent in non-Leica hardware.

I found that Leica M lenses of wider than 50mm focal length do no act well on non-Leica digital bodies. My experience was only with Sony A7R and Nex5 (the latter in fact was better) bodies so things may have changed since. Leica digital bodies must do a lot of in-body processing to overcome the issues with M lenses (hence the need to have lists of lenses as presets) which is absent in non-Leica hardware.

No, it is not so much the processing as the sensor design.

• Like 1