In the Street with Summicron 50mm D.R. f2 with inverted glass.

JhonBosch

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Most people only want micro contrast, many lines per millimeter, a lot of resolution in their photographs, I have decided to protest my way.
Sharpness is just one more parameter of the many that make up a photograph, and it is not the most important thing.
That's what I think.
I have turned the first crystal of this objective in such a way that it does not break down and that it can be recovered in the future, and this is what I am getting at the moment.

I like it, it's different, I do not care what others say, maybe they like it or maybe not, who knows ............

It is especially complicated because the focus is not where it should be if it is not moving and you have to learn to use this.

You have to be careful with the glow of the highlights.

40409439250_8cb056e86b_o_d.jpg

41495271214_2e209bebce_o_d.jpg

27345264427_e41542ef45_o_d.jpg

41495270894_96f729984d_o_d.jpg

27345264227_b62d8c0ed1_o_d.jpg

Edited by JhonBosch
  • Like 8

I once had a Canon 50/1.2 ltm with a "similar" but not identical lack of sharpness, if we call it this way. DAG discovered that some internal lens elements had moved, and the focus plane ran diagonal across each image. Now, that lens is normal again. I wonder whether the effect from flipping over the first lens element is especially pronounced or special for the DR Cron or could we expect it with other lenses too.

• Like 1

I have also flipped a Helios 50/2.
Each lens is different but all will move in the same direction, achieving these effects more or less pronounced.

Here I leave some pictures, this morning, in nature with the Cron 50mm D.R.

The effect is beautiful for me, is charming, unreal, it leads us to think of forests where wicked witches live.

28403719338_a7cb08d17b_o_d.jpg

41555676224_e96dfb5c52_o_d.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks. 

The "Leicaman" does not have old or broken lenses, but if you have any old lenses that you do not use you can try to turn the first lens over and try, it's a different way of looking at the street and everything else, just like you like it .....

it is only about removing the thread and the front fixing and turning the glass, it will surely touch with the second glass, that's the way it should be, but do not squeeze too much when you mount it again, just a little bit.

Edited by JhonBosch