Not good

designdog

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Sorry, but to me it is like leaving the plastic protectors on your furniture...

But those aren’t underneath your furniture, out of public view. And furniture generally has legs and feet for floor support.

Do you remove your mattress tags? :)

Jeff

I would offer my first impressions on the camera, but we are having heavy rain for several days. 

See, you should have left the plastic on. :)

Seriously, what's the link between rain and not being able to offer your first impression?

Edited by ianman
  • Like 3

Sorry, but to me it is like leaving the plastic protectors on your furniture...

But not many people mount their sofa on a tripod either, which would count much higher than laziness as a good reason for leaving the plastic protector on the baseplate. 

My grandparents have still their plastic protection on their sofa which they bought when they married. It’s stil like new.

Same applies for their Benz from ‘52. There is still original factory protection on the seats.

Edited by Gobert

First thing I did when I bought my M10 was take the base plate off and throw it in the box. Never even noticed whether there was plastic on it or not.  

What did you put in its place?

This is why I hardly ever post on here nowadays... two pages discussing the plastic cover on the base plate of a camera...??!

Come on now, Bill - we should not judge L camera owners who are OCD about their plastic, should we?? 

If we do not deliberate for hundreds of posts on the base plate plastic, what on earth will we have to talk about??   :rolleyes: 

My curiosity has been aroused! I just checked both my M6's, the first one bought in November 1997, the second two years later.

I discovered they both have the plastic cover on the base plate, in perfect condition, despite the many many places they have traveled to.

Is it important? Of course not. It doesn't affect the operation of the camera.

If we do not deliberate for hundreds of posts on the base plate plastic, what on earth will we have to talk about?? :rolleyes:

Easy... replacing or taping over dots, bags and straps and cases, what lens to take where, black vs silver, more bags and straps and cases, what M stands for....

Jeff

• Like 2

Easy... replacing or taping over dots, bags and straps and cases, what lens to take where, black vs silver, more bags and straps and cases, what M stands for....

Jeff

.........and the regular 'who can remember the most RRS part numbers and have an opinion about each one' competition.

This is the most informative thread on baseplate plastic covers I’ve ever read.

Unfortunately, I don’t have the courage to tell Mrs O that I actually read it!

I’m not even allowed to be on this forum at all.....