I love my CL

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Almost perfection ....

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 4

• 5 weeks later...

I love the CL as well. However, there is one thing that really annoys me; when the viewfinder gets the slightest bit dirty it fails to change automatically from LCD to EVF, always reverting to EVF. This seems to happen at least once every time I take it out.

I do wear specs and have tried various settings but it doesn’t seem to make any difference.

All in all the camera, together with the three zones is a great travel package; for the last ten days I’ve been in the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone and it’s covered everything I needed.

• Like 1

On the SL there is, I think, an EVF “auto on” sensitivity setting. Perhaps there is such a setting for the CL as well?

I love the CL as well. However, there is one thing that really annoys me; when the viewfinder gets the slightest bit dirty it fails to change automatically from LCD to EVF, always reverting to EVF. This seems to happen at least once every time I take it out.

I do wear specs and have tried various settings but it doesn’t seem to make any difference.

All in all the camera, together with the three zones is a great travel package; for the last ten days I’ve been in the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone and it’s covered everything I needed.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On the SL there is, I think, an EVF “auto on” sensitivity setting. Perhaps there is such a setting for the CL as well?

There is an "auto" setting on the CL as well. However, when the viewfinder gets the slightest bit of dirt on it, it reverts to EVF. I also have the SL and have never had a problem with it. I find it annoying on the CL but no big deal.

Edited by lanetomlane

We spoke about it during Saturday. It is a known issue. It doesn't bother me, as I have always been anal about keeping my ocular clean. The sensor is in the little window at the top. Use disposable microbrushes to clean it.

I think most of the problems arise from the difficulty of cleaning it by a conventional microfiber cloth.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am smitten also. My CL just arrived today.

The improved AF and low light abilities give the zooms a whole new extended use. I can finally zoom the 18-56 in and the AF will work in low light. The AF is so much quicker than the T & even TL2. And that viewfinder... Wow!

Great job Leica.

what we need are guinen manual CL lenses :-)

ps sorry for the dust

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

• 3 months later...