Advertisement (gone after registration)

Taken with Leica M4-P and 35mm Summarit f2.5 using Ilford HP5+ film. This is from the first film I have home-processed in16 years and I processed it in Tetenal Paranol S (the rebranded Rodinal formula). I managed to control the resulting grain using LR Classic, bit I won't use the dev again. I bought a 'starter kit' and it was included in that but I have Ilford DD-X on order for the next film. I should have remembered Rodinal from many years ago.

Gerry

Taken with Leica M4-P and 35mm Summarit f2.5 using Ilford HP5+ film. This is from the first film I have home-processed in16 years and I processed it in Tetenal Paranol S (the rebranded Rodinal formula). I managed to control the resulting grain using LR Classic, bit I won't use the dev again. I bought a 'starter kit' and it was included in that but I have Ilford DD-X on order for the next film. I should have remembered Rodinal from many years ago.

Gerry

Looks very authentic, Gerry,  I like the tonal qualitiy, fits to the mood of the scene. Do some more, please!

warmest greetings from Berlin, Shlomo

Looks very authentic, Gerry,  I like the tonal qualitiy, fits to the mood of the scene. Do some more, please!

warmest greetings from Berlin, Shlomo

Thank you Shlomo and Stuart. I obviously can't post everything I do on here but you can always go to my website and look at the black and white street photography gallery.

Thanks again for your kind and encouraging comments.

Gerry

Thank you Shlomo and Stuart. I obviously can't post everything I do on here but you can always go to my website and look at the black and white street photography gallery.

Thanks again for your kind and encouraging comments.

Gerry

Hi, Gerry.  I followed your link and you have a many wonderful photos.  I scrolled through all 199 shots.  Especially liked the auction shots.  

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi, Gerry.  I followed your link and you have a many wonderful photos.  I scrolled through all 199 shots.  Especially liked the auction shots.  

Thank you Shlomo. I am especially pleased you like the auction photos, National geographic have published 4 of those (1 colour, 3 b&w). I have free access there whenever I want but unfortunately I have not been back there since I was stopped from driving one year ago. I will get back as soon as I can. They also hold an open-air horse auction in the New Forest, and a large open-air sheep auction near Salisbury. They are always good fun!

Best wishes,

Gerry

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Al Brown
      About 100 yers ago, Leitz company issued a set of theatre binoculars in gold (BINAR and BITUR, according to Laney). It was a thing of class and the luxury edition adorned  their catalogue until the WWII. The logical choice was to try and implement the gold mystique to the Leitz cameras as well - and thus in 1929 the "Luxus" Leica (LELUX, LESSALUX) was born. Although never a huge commercial success, the cameras (less than 100 made according to Rogliatti et al.) remains a collector favorite.

Fast forward to the M era. There were several attempts to revive the glitter with custom golden M3's, but the biggest golden boom was created after the M "revival" with the special edition M4-2 in 1979, commemorating the 100 years anniversary of Oskar Barnack (1879-1979). There were 500+500 cameras made in 1979 and 1980 in Canada for the occasion (1527201-1527700 and 1528151-1528650 respectively) with 24-karat gold plating.

After that, there were several more editions in gold - for the Sultan of Brunei (I know of two variants, first was the 25th Anniversary of accession to the throne of Sultan of Brunei on 1st October 1992), for the commemoration of the Golden Jubilee celebration of the access to the throne of HM The King Bhumiphol Adulyadej of Thailand (1996) and the Leica MP Gold "60 years PRC" (2009).

Several very nice golden M2, M3 and M4s surface on eBay now and then, but they are all custom repaints.
      No golden M was made in digital era, only brass - M10P for Thailand S.C. ASSET comes to mind.

Please feel free to add any additional information!
      And do write how you feel about golden Leicas. You know what they say - anything useful to you is pure gold, regardless of the material used...

(Pictured here: my personal M4-2 with Leica catalogue production number 10420 from 1980 with the Summilux dating from 1977.)

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By Sailronin
      Tree bark, small version.
      Shot with Leica MP w/7Artisans 75mm F1.25 on Ilford HP5+ souped in HC110B for 5 minutes at 20C then scanned with Plustek 8200 and Vuescan software.
      I've been very pleasantly surprised by this lens, not bad for $299 US! Click on image for sharper photo.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By Sailronin
      A home ready for the movers in Snoqualmie, Washington

Leica MP w/50mm Summicron DR on Rollei RPX100 dev. in Rodinal 1:25 for 8 min. at 20C. Click for sharper image.
      Thank you

• By Herr Barnack
      Japan Camera Hunter unveils cherry blossom-themed M4
      https://kosmofoto.com/2021/10/japan-camera-hunter-unveiled-cherry-blossom-themed-leica/

Not my thing, but in a world of 7,904,671,774+ someone is bound to love it.
      As for me, I'll stick with plain black with the cursive Leica script engraved on the top plate.
    • By gwpics
      From todays trip into town for coffee this morning, the first one for a while for various reasons.
      Leica M240 + 35mm Summarit-M f2.5.
      Gerry