Cases for the Q with a grip fitted

I have a built in grip onthe Arte de Mano case. It works extremely well. I ordered mine directly grom Korea so I could get the larger grip tuan is generally offerred elsewhere. Add the Thumbs Up and you’re done. Oh, and a 125cm strap from Arte de Mano.

• Like 1

While I have used Luigi half cases  with the built-in grip on various M rangefinders and liked them (along with a thumbs up on the digital ones), I have found that, with the Q, I am happy with the Leica case and thumbs up. 

• Like 1

Does anyone make one? I've trawled through these threads and the wider interwebs and it would seem not. Unless anyone here knows better?

Hi:

I'm getting this case, from B&H this Friday.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/461922-USA/Leica_14867_Neoprene_Case_with_Short.html

One of the reviewers said:

" just use this case when I go somewhere local with my camera and don't want it just sitting on the car seat or on a pub table after I've been out to shoot some photos. I also use it to put the camera in my carry on. I take it off when I am in the general area of where I am shooting because it's a little awkward to get on. However it fits perfectly, something I have not been able to get with other brands I've tried. The padding isn't super thick but for what I am using it for it's perfect. I would give it 5 stars if it weren't for the price! "

I will let you know.

Hektor

• Like 1

I got the Leica Neoprene Case with Short Front today. It is OK and very thin. It fits the Leica Q very snuggly, but I had to take the finger grip off. I paid $64 for it and not the new price of $79, which I believe it is back-ordered. Would I pay $79 for it? Probably not after getting it. I believe it is overpriced at $64.

I got the case, because the camera got dirty after taking it out the last time. Everything that says Leica on it is very expensive. The leather cases for the Leica M cameras range from $125-$325. Therefore, the Neoprene Case was the only alternative for me.

Hektor

Maybe return that? there's another neoprene case (megagear?) that fits a lot better with the finger grip and is way, way cheaper. Other folks probably know the exact one I'm talking about

Thanks for this. Could only see the leather one on the megagear site but it looks like exactly what I need. Don't get the Leica grip and get this case instead along with a thumbs up. win win. Thanks everyone for your help.

Maybe return that? there's another neoprene case (megagear?) that fits a lot better with the finger grip and is way, way cheaper. Other folks probably know the exact one I'm talking about

Hi:

There are two finger grips for the Leica Q. The one I had to take off is this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009FQSUP2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'll keep it.

There is the Megagear Leather case for the Leica Q (I just found out out about it)

https://www.amazon.com/MegaGear-Genuine-Leather-Camera-Battery/dp/B078YQQR6S/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1526099762&sr=1-3&keywords=megagear%2BLeica%2Bq%2Bcase&th=1

Hektor

Edited by Ramesses