filter on 35 cron - hood doesn't fit

rsolomon

Advertisement (gone after registration)

i just purchased a  a B+W F-Pro 39 mm polarizing filter for my 35 cron ver V; the shade/hood 12528 A42 doesn't fit ! 

..... does the lens shade play a significant role in shading the 35 cron ? i have always used the hood. right now the slim versions of this filter are 4 weeks back ordered. 

thanks 

Rich

Have you tried putting the lens hood on, then screwing the filter on the lens with the hood in place?  If the outer ring of the polarizer is causing the problem, this should get around that.

..... does the lens shade play a significant role in shading the 35 cron ?

It depends on the location of the light source and whether or not the light is falling on the front element of the lens - or on the attached filter. 

In a situation with indirect light or ambient light (soft light) there is not a lot to worry about if there is no light falling on the front element of the lens. 

In a situation where there is hard light - direct sunlight, direct studio light, spotlights (concert or theater) and the light is falling on the front element of the lens, flare is definitely a concern - even if the light is falling on the front element of your lens at an oblique angle.