Leica 18mm Finder

Gregm61

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Any suggestions as to how best I could tighten the fit in the camera shoe? It’s very loose in both the shoe of my M262 and MP240. I have a Frankenfinder and have preferred most of the time to just use this optical finder & have no plans to try the Zeiss finder. I could, in the end, indeed decide to just go with the Frankenfinder since my M262 is the dedicated “wide” camera for using the 18, 21 and 24mm lenses.

The Leica finder is very nice, fairly darn accurate and I really appreciate the rubber surround for protecting my glasses, but about half the time or more the camera comes out of the bag with the finder having fallen off iwhen had the 18mm lens mounted. I’m thinking about some sort of rubberized material I could stick on the bottom of the foot. It’d need to be very thin, but any other suggestions would be welcome if you have a solution that you’ve worked out. Thanks.

Edited by Gregm61

Well, that worked easy enough! Thanks. Like someone else mentioned in that post, I would imagine over time those springs will loosen up a bit and need re-adjustment, but it certainly works for now.