Sign in to follow this  
JDPceramics

New to T - couple of questions!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi all - new to the forum and new to Leica!

Just got an as new Leica T this week and have a couple of bugs I'd like to fix:

Firstly the Leica T app was working fine until i upgraded the firmware to 1.7 - any ideas? won't always connect and when it does cant read the pics from my SD.

Secondly - the strap lugs won't click into place without me putting the pin in - surely should only need the pin when taking the strap out?

Any advice would be great!

Thanks 

Obviously pin necessary for removal, but not sure if lugs (accessory or on strap) need it for insertion. But does it really matter? Most people prefer other neck/wrist straps and Leica lugs for this (in UK) cost £30.

I always had issues with the LeicaT app, and still have it with the 1.7 firmware update. I don't use it anymore, just put the sd card in the mac

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By NRKstudio
      Hate to say the SL2 video capabilities are seriously flawed at 4K recording and C4K.  See the picture below.  The main issues I ran into during a full day of video use (With the 50 APO SL and 35/1.2 Art):
      1.  4K recording can only occur for 5 minutes or less on a full battery before error message “battery level too low for 4K recording”.  (Changed batteries and encountered same issue so it’s not the battery)
      2.  C4K recording restricts AF usage, limited to only manual focus with the Sigma 35/1.2. 
      3. All AF capabilities during recording are very slow to focus, unable to switch faces during face/body detection (in the rare case it captures a face), the AF box may at times capture 2-3 bodies and choose to “average” the focus distance.  
      4.  No compressed 4K recording at 50mbps or less.  
      5.  Video Focus peaking’s highlighted/colored areas do not match still focus peaking highlighted areas.  
      6.  No way to magnify the video during capture to check focus.  

Unfortunately the error message for battery doesn’t show up until 30 seconds after you hit record video.  So it ruined a nice Xmas morning moment with the family, when I set up the tripod, hit record, then joined the wife/baby.  5 minutes later, I check the camera and only 30 seconds or less were recorded and the moment gone.  Last year my A7r3 recorded 4K full width of sensor till the battery went to 0%.  AF easily moved from eye to eye of subjects, focus peaking was accurate and easily seen, and it held tons of video in a UHS-1 SD Card.  

For a camera that touts it video recording, my iPhone did better (actually much better), and then I had to grab my xpro3 for the rest of the day.  

how did Leica release a camera with such terrible firmware?? ASIDE from video, just off the top of my head, I recall: terrible accuracy and reliability issues with AF-c tracking, complete lack of eye-AF all together, blurry EVF view in magnified mode for AF-s and manual focus, no AF-s abilities at all while in magnified live view,  terrible reliability with tethering (can’t tether to an iPad with two SD cards in the camera due to a firmware bug),  nonlinear focusing in manual focus on the Summicron SL lenses.  That’s all I encountered, im sure there’s more to report.  I haven’t encountered a small percentage of such obvious firmware issues with the xpro3, a7r3, A7r4, Nikon z7, or gfx50r.  

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By UltraDan
      Hi, can anyone recommend any good quality straps that include the protection flaps that go over the attachment points. 
      Ideally under £50  and available in the uk.
      many thanks,
      Dan
    • By malbooth
      LEICA Q (Type 116) 24.2MP Full Frame Summilux 28mm f/1.7 ASPH Lens Digital Camera. Condition is Used (purchased June 2017). 
      Includes all original boxes and documents, Leica Q strap and lens hood, plus one spare Leica battery and charger.
      I will post within Australia for free (standard shipping by Australia Post).
      I have been extremely happy with this camera and I'm only selling it to upgrade to the Leica Q2.
    • By malbooth
      LEICA Q (Type 116) 24.2MP Full Frame Summilux 28mm f/1.7 ASPH Lens Digital Camera. Condition is Used (purchased June 2017). 
      Includes all original boxes and documents, Leica Q strap and lens hood, plus one spare Leica battery and charger.
      I will post within Australia for free (standard shipping by Australia Post).
      I have been extremely happy with this camera and I'm only selling it to upgrade to the Leica Q2.
    • By wlaidlaw
      I was trying to use a 7Artisans 28/1.4 M fit lens on my M240. I went into manual lens selection, with the expectation of being able to declare it as a 28/f1.4 Summilux, only to find that this lens was not listed, unlike on my SL and CL. On checking, I found that the latest firmware release, 2.0.5.0, dates from around 20 months ago in November 2017 and does not seem to allow for a number of the latest lenses such as the 28 Summilux. I also noticed that a number of the links on Leica's download page for the M240 are dead or inactive (take you to a blank page). It would seem that the M240 is now being written out of Leica's consciousness, even though it is still listed as a current product. It cannot be a big rewrite of the firmware to add additional lenses if the firmware was well written in the first place, as this should have been allowed for.
      On the basis of past experience, it is an extremely laborious process to get Leica to listen when they have made firmware errors and/or omissions and can take up to 2 years to get these corrected, after Leica have admitted that they have made an error or omission. The GPS error on the multifunction grip is a good example of this, when GPS was pretty much disabled by an FW update error and it took 2 years for Leica to correct it, in spite of many reminders from me and others. 
      Wilson