New "affordable" version of Imageprint

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm trying imageprint and get a strange errors on "missing usb donkeys". Probably it's about software protection.

How it (license management and software protection) of the both versions of Imageprint is arranged?

Is is possible to avoid need for special hardware?

Follow this procedure for a trial version (for OSX)...

https://www.colorbytesoftware.com/BLACK/IMAGEPRINT_BLACK_Macinstosh_Trial_Version.pdf

The dongle is simply a hardware device that looks like an inch long USB drive and plugs into a USB port on your computer for security and licensing. You won’t need it unless you’re activating a paid version. Until then, the trial version will produce a DEMO watermark across your prints.

Call or email Colorbyte customer support for any questions or assistance....

https://www.colorbytesoftware.com/#contact

Jeff

Edited by Jeff S
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

I took the plunge after several recent proofs that printing via EPSON print layout or PS or C1 or LR results in the double use of ICC-Profiles which systematically produces too dark prints. This is exactly what the IP developers stated and the trial version took me over the edge with very clean and clear prints from my Epson 3800. Especially in printing highkey-ish captures lies the surplus-value of this software. IP is expensive indeed and especially if you import to Europe on top of that. But printing is a whistle now,  I indeed do not longer need test prints anymore in 90% of the cases, unless I discover from the print that I want some spot on the image a little different. The former (partly unconscious) barrier to print my images and get stuck into that cumbersome process has completely disappeared.

1 hour ago, otto.f said:

I took the plunge after several recent proofs that printing via EPSON print layout or PS or C1 or LR results in the double use of ICC-Profiles which systematically produces too dark prints. This is exactly what the IP developers stated and the trial version took me over the edge with very clean and clear prints from my Epson 3800. Especially in printing highkey-ish captures lies the surplus-value of this software. IP is expensive indeed and especially if you import to Europe on top of that. But printing is a whistle now,  I indeed do not longer need test prints anymore in 90% of the cases, unless I discover from the print that I want some spot on the image a little different. The former (partly unconscious) barrier to print my images and get stuck into that cumbersome process has completely disappeared.

Otto

I'm in the same boat. I only wish someone on here had guided me to IP earlier, it sure would have saved me a bunch of time and money........now loving 

Neil

There is but it’s very complicated. Double profiling occurs when you activate the "ICM" or "ICC" option in the print driver and you also specify a printer ICC profile in the software you are using to print your photos. The bottom line is that if you use a printer ICC profile, you need to select color management in one place only: the print driver or the printing software, not both.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

5 hours ago, NW67 said:

Otto

I'm in the same boat. I only wish someone on here had guided me to IP earlier, it sure would have saved me a bunch of time and money........now loving 

Neil

Yes they did Neil, a year ago or so, but you found it hilariously expensive, just like me btw. Very happy I gave in

4 hours ago, ianman said:

Well yes. Isn't that blindingly obvious?

Yes that was lesson 1 indeed. 

My friend uses a Canon A3 printer and does not have these issues, so perhaps it’s Epson that can’t keep its hands off if you  select ‘No Colormanagement by printer’

A point that does not get a mention is the terrific after sales service from colorbyte.

I used IP 10 for about 2 years before i upgraded to Black. For about 48 hours I had alsorts of issues which where equally frustrating to both sides. After arrangeing a call to my home which had been proposed by colorbyte,i had yet another last try and bingo perfect.I sent an email to colorbyte and recieved a email about 1 min after they came into work , both sides happy. Great company to deal with and after using for almost 3 years a happy user.

Highly reccomended product and supplier.

2 hours ago, otto.f said:

My friend uses a Canon A3 printer and does not have these issues, so perhaps it’s Epson that can’t keep its hands off if you  select ‘No Colormanagement by printer’

Ist this a case of RFM.

Read The Flipping? Manual.

3 hours ago, otto.f said:

So, do you mean that now you have learned lesson 1, you no longer need IP?

Or does it mean that anyone with an Epson printer cannot print properly without IP? (because is can't keep its hands off...)

3 hours ago, ianman said:

Or does it mean that anyone with an Epson printer cannot print properly without IP? (because is can't keep its hands off...)

I have made some very good prints without IP but not consistantly. IP for lots of reasons gives me consistant results.

Many people will not agree and just use the epson driver and get great results. There is no right or wrong.Just personal preferance.

12 hours ago, BrianP said:

A point that does not get a mention is the terrific after sales service from colorbyte.

I used IP 10 for about 2 years before i upgraded to Black. For about 48 hours I had alsorts of issues which where equally frustrating to both sides. After arrangeing a call to my home which had been proposed by colorbyte,i had yet another last try and bingo perfect.I sent an email to colorbyte and recieved a email about 1 min after they came into work , both sides happy. Great company to deal with and after using for almost 3 years a happy user.

Highly reccomended product and supplier.

8 hours ago, BrianP said:

I have made some very good prints without IP but not consistantly. IP for lots of reasons gives me consistant results.

Many people will not agree and just use the epson driver and get great results. There is no right or wrong.Just personal preferance.

Except where it doesn’t.

11 hours ago, ianman said:

I meant the second but that is just a theory: IP pretends and seems to be able to bypass all other firm- and software and install the appropriate icc-profiles

Edited by otto.f
  • Thanks 1