Leica M Film Photos -- Feel Free to Share Yours

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm returning somewhat to shooting with film these days, ( having in recent weeks avoided the temptation of a M10-R and bought a new M-A instead ), shuffling through some older catalogue of work and found this Leica M2 shot from 1967 for a German magazine of that time, ( TWEN ). Tri-X, 90mm Elmar so the notes report, much else I don't remember except the model's name, hard to forget that.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Two more from the same dim and distant past, but these are from clippings...negs are long gone. However the models are still recognisable...........

Tri-X M2 

Edited by petermullett

39 minutes ago, petermullett said:

I'm returning somewhat to shooting with film these days, ( having in recent weeks avoided the temptation of a M10-R and bought a new M-A instead ), shuffling through some older catalogue of work and found this Leica M2 shot from 1967 for a German magazine of that time, ( TWEN ). Tri-X, 90mm Elmar so the notes report, much else I don't remember except the model's name, hard to forget that.

Really evocative portrait from that era. Nice! 

1 hour ago, Ouroboros said:

+1. I also find this a very good portrait; timeless, although/and recognizable as coming from that era. With the second and third image it’s more vice versa, mostly era, nice to remember, but not timeless. 

5 hours ago, Ouroboros said:

4 hours ago, otto.f said:

+1. I also find this a very good portrait; timeless, although/and recognizable as coming from that era. With the second and third image it’s more vice versa, mostly era, nice to remember, but not timeless. 

Thank you both..........It's weird going through what small catalogue I still have from those days, so much has gone to the winds in the intervening 50 years or so, but one thing does remain and that is just how extraordinary those times times were back then in 60's London, if only we were more aware of it at the time rather than much later on in retrospect. Old photographs, finding some old work helps but most of the memories do fade of course.......... It's said that "if you can remember the sixties, you weren't there". How true.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

4 minutes ago, petermullett said:

Thank you both..........It's weird going through what small catalogue I still have from those days, so much has gone to the winds in the intervening 50 years or so, but one thing does remain and that is just how extraordinary those times times were back then in 60's London, if only we were more aware of it at the time rather than much later on in retrospect. Old photographs, finding some old work helps but most of the memories do fade of course.......... It's said that "if you can remember the sixties, you weren't there". How true.

Large or small, your archive is priceless! Images of that era at this representative level deserve to be exhibited, Peter.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, petermullett said:

Well, I don't own a 10-R, but I admit it certainly is a temptation.

Yesterday, I had the absurd luxury for an amateur photographer of having 4 cameras and a tripod with me (drove to a specific location, so why not?). I discovered that if I went through shooting with the M10 and CL first, it made for better choices with the M4-P and Fuji CWS iii. Spray and pray, and then appreciate I have only 8 shots available on the Fuji! 

So, I'm learning that digital and film can play well together.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, petermullett said:

Two more from the same dim and distant past, but these are from clippings...negs are long gone. However the models are still recognisable...........

Tri-X M2 

These are wonderful portraits. It's most certainly Twiggy to the left in the second one... Can you help me out with the others?

14 minutes ago, stray cat said:

These are wonderful portraits. It's most certainly Twiggy to the left in the second one... Can you help me out with the others?

Sure, and thanks!

In the three shot: Judi Smith, Jani Goss, Joanna Lumley plus my Beagle puppy Tom on Wimbledon Common / London For the German magazine TWEN........The other studio two shot is as you guessed: Twiggy and Judi Smith. For Daily Express Style Page / Deidre McSharry

Edited by petermullett
more info'

Port boys, Jaffa, 2020

📷  Leica M7 | 35mm F/2 Summicron | Ilford HP5 @800| Xtol 1:1

• Like 9

Chicago October 2017, pictures from a family trip. My first print on baryta paper.   Need to improve how I take photos of photos (among many other photo skills).

Leica M2 with Summaron 35 f2.8. Trix 400, printed on Iflord MGFB Classic

Edited by Aryel
wrong picture uploaded
  • Like 15

On 9/2/2020 at 7:25 AM, petermullett said:

A stunning portrait, so '60's, great image, strong design, wonderful blacks.

My "Neuner" was Tele-Elmarit,   early model. So lovely on my M3..

Oh! I loved "twen" magazine! Willy Fleckhaus.

Edited by pixie
off topic

Later that evening, at the village parish fair.

M2 with Summaron 35 f/2.8 on HP5

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

In Venice some 25 or so years ago on a job and having had my assistant and gear delayed I bought a couple of disposable cameras and made this shot.

The baggage, assistant and the M's turned up the next morning, even so this shot was a keeper for me and the client anyway.

📷  Leica M6 | 50mm F/2.5 Summarit | Ilford HP5 Plus (EI 800) | Xtol 1:1

• Like 5

Leica M-A, Summarit 35/2.4, Tri-X 400

• Like 11

Passage Vivienne by JM__, on Flickr

Passage Vivienne by JM__, on Flickr

Shot with a modified Leica Post 24x27 camera , a 21 Super Angulon f4 and Trix