Leica M Film Photos -- Feel Free to Share Yours

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm returning somewhat to shooting with film these days, ( having in recent weeks avoided the temptation of a M10-R and bought a new M-A instead ), shuffling through some older catalogue of work and found this Leica M2 shot from 1967 for a German magazine of that time, ( TWEN ). Tri-X, 90mm Elmar so the notes report, much else I don't remember except the model's name, hard to forget that. Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder se

Taken from the Star Ferry going from Kowloon to HongKong, around 1982, with Leica M3 and  Summicron 50 lens on Kodachrome 25 film. Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

Another picture taken from the Star Ferry going from Kowloon to HongKong, around 1982, with Leica M3 and  Summicron 50 lens on Kodachrome 25 film. _______________ Alone in Bangkok essay on BURN Magazine Nowhereman Instagram Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

Posted Images

I was looking for a photo and came across these shots of Duke Ellington. Leica M4, 19mm Canon lens (I couldn't afford the Leica 21mm back then), and as always, Tri-x. If you look closely the photographer in the background is also using an M4 I can't remember his name, but I think he was with the Washington Star newspaper.

M7 with 50mm 1.4 Summilux / Kodak Portra 400… Really like the color rendition of this combo….

M-A | 35CronV4 | Tri-X | 2021 family reunion lunch | Istria, Croatia

Left eye Leica shooter (aka my wife, or how to properly hide your face with an M10-R + 35FLE in a photo..)

Shot a roll recently and developed at home. During the final rinse, I noticed some grit at the bottom of my single reel developing tank. During scanning, I noticed almost the entire negative had white specs. I figure it was not grit, but emulsion. 

I too new at this to know what may have caused it so I'm looking for some guidance. Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, JohnV said:

Shot a roll recently and developed at home. During the final rinse, I noticed some grit at the bottom of my single reel developing tank. During scanning, I noticed almost the entire negative had white specs. I figure it was not grit, but emulsion. 

I too new at this to know what may have caused it so I'm looking for some guidance. Thanks in advance.

Old fixer?  I pitched a bottle recently because it seemed to be crystallizing.  

On 6/10/2021 at 6:06 PM, billh said:

I was looking for a photo and came across these shots of Duke Ellington. Leica M4, 19mm Canon lens (I couldn't afford the Leica 21mm back then), and as always, Tri-x. If you look closely the photographer in the background is also using an M4 I can't remember his name, but I think he was with the Washington Star newspaper.

Looks like the Wolf Trap construction site

Posted (edited)

Texas Water Safari. After paddling 200 miles and surviving 90+ degree heat and humidity, plus a sudden thunderstorm the day before, 2-man team takes a break on the banks of the Guadalupe River in Victoria, TX. Only 60 miles left to go in this 260 mile, 100 hour limit race.

Leica M6ttl + 50mm Summilux ASPH + yellow filter + DeltaPro 400

Edited by JohnV
On 6/14/2021 at 3:12 AM, JohnV said:

I too new at this to know what may have caused it so I'm looking for some guidance. Thanks in advance

Small white specs most probably old fixer. Replace it.

27 minutes ago, dimm said:

Small white specs most probably old fixer. Replace it.

Thanks. I replaced it and so far all is well. Very grateful to everyone on this site for their enthusiasm and support.