Leica M Film Photos -- Feel Free to Share Yours

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Winter ferry ride in Seattle

M3, Summicron 35/2.8, Portra 400

The wheel was a huge addition to the view of the Seattle waterfront!

M6, Summicron 35 asph, HP5@1600

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 13

Guest Nowhereman

Taken in 1977 in Bukavu, Kivu Province of the Congo (Zaire at that time). The feeling of this picture reminds me of TwinPeaks.

Leica M3 with Summicron 50 lens on Kodachrome 64.

Alone in Bangkok essay on BURN Magazine

Nowhereman Instagram

Taken in 1977 in Bukavu, Kivu Province of the Congo (Zaire at that time). The feeling of this picture reminds me of TwinPeaks.

Leica M3 with Summicron 50 lens on Kodachrome 64.

Nowhereman Instagram

Gorgeous photograph. If they're your kids that photo should be up on a wall somewhere in your home.

I so miss Kodachrome. I just found and scanned some K64 slides from a Santana concert in 1983 in the 'I love film' thread. No degradation of colour over time when compared with my old Ektachromes.

Edited by MarkP

Please can we not repeat the posted images if we post the appreciated comments? This is why the 'I like film' thread has become such a mess. It's really a pain in the ass if one is sincerely interested in what people bring in here.

Otto - Give me a break.  You are really silly.  

MP, 50mm ASPH, HP5+

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

When I visited L Camera Forum, I saw M* Film Threads in their respected M section, (M8, M240,M10,M9) same for SL, S etc, and I looked for one in the Film M section (i.e. this one) and never found one. It's not intuitive to look for a M film Image thread in the Other section, if you know about that then you know about the film thread. My 2 cents it should be in the Leica M System Leica M-A/M7/MP and Film M where the idea was posted. I understand those in the know go to Other for film images, but anyone new to film, I came from a digital M, is looking for the Film thread in the respective section. Well at least I was. Thanks for thinking about this though. 

I have said long ago that this LUF really needs a "Everything Film" subforum that combines the threads regarding the Leica Film cameras, what is currently in the "Film Forum" sub-forum and the film photo sharing threads.  To me, there is nothing special about a film photo taken with a Leica M camera (AKA a light box) other than the lens that it is used with.  So it is really about how film renders with a specific lens.  And, of course, many people use non-leica lenses on their Leica film cameras.  So really the whole idea of narrowing a category of film photos to those taken with a Leica M is a rather meaningless.  I have 3 film Ms and a IIIg and there is absolutely nothing distinguishing my photos from all of these cameras other than the optics, and of course my LTM lenses can be, and are, used on my M bodies through the use of an adapter, and the photos look 100% exactly the same as if I took them on my IIIg.   Having said all of this, any day is a good day when film photography lovers get together and share their mutual passion!

Edited by A miller
  • Like 8

I have said long ago that this LUF really needs a "Everything Film" subforum that combines the threads regarding the Leica Film cameras, what is currently in the "Film Forum" sub-forum and the film photo sharing threads.  To me, there is nothing special about a film photo taken with a Leica M camera (AKA a light box) other than the lens that it is used with.  So it is really about how film renders with a specific lens.  And, of course, many people use non-leica lenses on their Leica film cameras.  So really the whole idea of narrowing a category of film photos to those taken with a Leica M is a rather meaningless.  I have 3 film Ms and a IIIg and there is absolutely nothing distinguishing my photos from all of these cameras other than the optics, and of course my LTM lenses can be, and are, used on my M bodies through the use of an adapter, and the photos look 100% exactly the same as if I took them on my IIIg.   Having said all of this, any day is a good day when film photography lovers get together and share their mutual passion!

Hi thanks for sharing your perspective as a seasoned Leica user and long time contributor to this site. The reason I suggested moving this thread was firstly finding a film image repository. For months I had no idea images where posted in Other I like film, all the Digital cameras had a images page. Secondly I come from a Canon A1 originally and then a Nikon F6, taking a picture with these cameras is easy, especially the F6, auto focus, scene recognition multi light meter. I was interested in the type/range of images Leica users were able to capture. The look may be film but the process is as different as could be or so I thought as I'm discovering the latitude of film and the brilliance of the M3 VF. 

Edited by Sean ASA
  • Like 1

Guest Nowhereman

Another picture taken from the Star Ferry going from Kowloon to HongKong, around 1982, with Leica M3 and  Summicron 50 lens on Kodachrome 25 film.

Nowhereman Instagram

"Really"? For whom? Never heard of Garry Winogrand? :rolleyes:  Where is one video with episode in it where he is trying to explain why Leica. You are beating old horse here. Partially. My biggest photo book is by GW, most photobooks I have are from HCB. And almost every photog I would find and like somehow is Leica shooter.  

So, I'm in completely opposite experience and view from yours. The only reason why I'm shooting with expensive to buy, expensive to own film M and way too expensive M lenses (while were are less expensive, but great non RF lenses) is because how M is made to be operated. If any camera would be as good as M, I would ditch it in no time and get much more reliable and less expensive Nikon SLR. But I just can't use it. Or any SLR. Physically.

So, let's leave this thread alone and for all film thread I'll have something more to post from one dollar Smena-8M.

But honestly, ('really" to me) I have seen more advanced film photography from non M cameras on Flickr and on FSU RF forum. 

M4-2. Summaron 35 3.5. HP5+:

19140881513_80c4c8e374_o.jpg

• Like 5

Guest Nowhereman

This is on Ektachrome 200 with the M3 and Summicron 50 at f/2.0, posted previously elsewhere — now with some minor adjustments in the post-processing. Although it's unlikely, wish that Kodak could revive the Ektachrome 200, if they ever come out with the E100. (The dark bottom part of this image has a good deal more contrast in the TIFF file than in the compressed JPG shown here.)

Edited by Nowhereman

Forgetting to add it here:

Couple of years ago I kept and used three Ms. M3 DS ELC, M4-P and M4-2. All three are canadian babes. :)

Each DR 5x7 print is for negative taken with corresponding M.

Edited by Ko.Fe.
  • Like 14

Willie and the Bandits

MP, Tele-Elmarit (Fat), Kodak P3200, Plustek 8200i scan

Edited by ianman
  • Like 13