RayD28

Leica M Film Photos -- Feel Free to Share Yours

vor 18 Stunden schrieb Geoff Marshall:

I like to use fine grain films which tend to be low asa so for interior shots ie inside cathedrals etc 1.1 would come in handy 

look at aperture 1.1 only once on the corners of the picture. Then you know more!

On 2/5/2019 at 4:04 PM, jmahto said:

Love it. I like Royal Enfield. :)

Thank you 🙂

It's a very cool bike, indeed.

Calm of the Morning

M2, 40 Summicron-C, Portra 160 
(Note: For scanning - and maybe further digital tweaking - I am starting to think that Portra 160 is better choice than Ektar 100. Easier to shoot due to larger window)
This is low res lab scan.

Edited by jmahto

Untitled by JM__, on Flickr

Untitled by JM__, on Flickr

Gratis by JM__, on Flickr

M2 - 35 Summilux AA - Acros 100

Edited by JMF

On 1/26/2019 at 1:12 PM, Jon Warwick said:

Hi there,

If you've used the services of mini-lab scans in the past, what differences do you perceive with your Epson V700?

I'm genuinely interested and looking for advice....given i'm all out of digital M now, and going back to film only (5x4 ...which is just incredible; and 35mm Leica M7)!!

I'm trying to see what, if any, benefits i'd get to substituting the mini-lab scans with a home scanner like the Epson ....at the moment, i'm barrelling between mini-lab scans and drum scans!!

IIRC, the last time I used a mini-lab was probably fourteen or so years ago.  Since 'coming back' to film in 2010, I have dev'd and scanned all of my b&w films.  C41 and E6 I send away mostly as 'dev only' and scan them when I receive the negs.  I say mostly as there have been a small number sent to either Canadian Film Lab (was UK Film Lab) and MeinFilm Lab for dev and scan. As one would expect, the results from these two very professional Labs are faultless and files are naturally of higher res than I can achieve on the V700 - but they come at quite a cost!  Given that I can achieve A3+ prints from my home-scanned files, I would only send more films to them when I felt that there was need for the best possible files in order to justify the high cost. 

On 12/21/2018 at 5:53 PM, Tina Manley said:

Fishing at Sunset 

Skiathos, Greece, 1997

Leica M6, Velvia

I like this but would like it more if the white area was cropped out :-)

10 hours ago, Laurentß said:

Leica M7 + Summicron 40mm f/2 + Ilford Delta 400 (Ilfosol 3)

Spectacular. 

On 2/6/2019 at 2:11 PM, Geoff Marshall said:

Nice image, how are you getting on with the 7 artisans lens, I’ve been toying with the idea of getting one but with the price being so low I’ve not been sure about the quality of build and sharpness. 

As for build quality, I have no complaints. It's all metal, and nothing feels like sand paper, or anything. It's a smooth and low force focus and aperture control (clickless on top of that). It's a relatively short focus throw, but that makes handling easy and can go from one extreme to the other without much difficulty. Certainly big and heavy, similar to what you'd expect of a E mount lens. 

It's comparable to Voigtlander and Leica lenses. If compared side by side with no knowledge of the brands, I actually think they might be comparable prices. Definitely best bang for the buck. Certainly nothing like the old school budget lenses like Vivitar or Samyang; it's a high quality lens in terms of material and mechanics.

As for image quality, I only shot 1 roll through it, and mostly stopped down at f8 or f11. I'll have to put more through to judge quality.