How long to train myself to use my right eye

PaulJohn

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Every time I use an M I automatically bring the finder to my left eye so that my breathing causes condensation on the rear screen. Using the right eye feels awkward despite the fact that I have no problem focusing or framing.

Has anyone successfully trained themselves to change to the right eye automatically. How long did it take?

Every time I use an M I automatically bring the finder to my left eye so that my breathing causes condensation on the rear screen. Using the right eye feels awkward despite the fact that I have no problem focusing or framing.

Has anyone successfully trained themselves to change to the right eye automatically. How long did it take?

I was forced to use my left eye due to surgery on my right years ago.

Having that eye fixed with another surgery I could again use my right eye.

One thing I did to stop the habit was to close my left eye when bringing the camera up and after a while it helped.

If you wear glasses an old competition handgun shooters trick is to put a piece of scotch tape on the left lens dead center to obscure vision and force use of the right eye

• Like 2

Each of us has one eye which is "dominant" For right handed people it is usually the right eye. You probably automatically use your dominant eye

I know from archery and shooting a longbow for years, that many shooters resort to different methods to retrain they're seeing away from the dominant eye. One method is with glasses, as said earlier, a piece of scotch tape dulls the picture enough for the brain to give the job to the other eye. Blinking more than normal with the eye you want to get away from will get your brain to move to the other eye.

There are other methods. I am not sure if any of them work.

rafael

• Like 1