Loupedeck - anyone have one?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The Leica dealer I use has just started promoting the Loupedeck editing deck for Adobe Lightroom.

Just wondering if anyone has used one?

Reviews on line appear to go from under 2 stars to over 4 depending on where one looks.

John

I was introduced to this device at my local Leica store recently. Non of the reviews seem to have any consistency even regarding build quality.As the OP said from 2star to 4 star. If anyone on the forum has one it would be interesting to read some comments.

• 1 month later...

Hello

Don't have one but have used and can say it is certainly well built and easy to use. If you process using presets already saved in Lightroom I don't see the need but if you like to tweak all settings as you go it makes this very easy.

I can’t imagine anyone with a really heavy photo editing workload taking the time to start from scratch to learn a new interface. At the other end of the scale, it’s not going to help a casual user. “Because we can” must have been their motivation.

The idea behind this Is interesting if it works well .I would be more keen to spend that sort of money on a new copy oh Aperture if Apple where to reintroduce it. I don’t particularly like Lightroom but would buy this if I had any confidence in its durability. At the moment I think it could end up in the drawer with my Wacom tablet.

• 4 weeks later...

They have just announced a new version called Loupdeck +. Apparantly the manufacturers have addressed the issue of build quality and wobbly nobs etc. It would seem they have made most if not all the controls programmable or at least the user is able to tweak then to his or her preference. The UK price has gone up to £200 but the original version is now selling at £160.

Thanks for posting. Is the build quality OK. I was going to buy the original version but I was put off by the poor build quality. I was advised about a month ago that an upgrade was being released so decided to wait.

If my dealer has stock I will buy one this week.

apparently the new model can be used with capture one as well ?

I think that it initially only in Beta but is expected to be finalised very soon. I was disappointed to find it won’t run Lightroom 6. I am not keen to commit to £10 a month for basically what I have already so my initial interest is starting to wane.