Q2 is coming...

Loved it... but why stop at 90mm crop! I want it to be birding camera as well. :D

In my native land there is a saying that I am paraphrasing here... If you are dreaming of Dom Perignon then why skip on caviar!

One Q with a 500 MP sensor coming up now you can go birding to your hearts content

One Q with a 500 MP sensor coming up now you can go birding to your hearts content

Did a little math:

mm   FOV hor (degree)
---     -----
24     74
800   2.6

Linear ratio: tan(74)/tan(2.6)
Mega pixel ratio: sq(Linear ratio) = 6000

For 42mp 800 crop I need 252,000 mega pixel 24mm fixed lens Q. I can do everything from architecture to birding in a package that fits in my pocket.

Wake me up when we get that announcement :)
Edited by jmahto

Loved it... but why stop at 90mm crop! I want it to be birding camera as well. :D

In my native land there is a saying that I am paraphrasing here... If you are dreaming of Dom Perignon then why skip on caviar!

Because you can't buy real caviar anymore, and the world is awash in Dom Perignon (which is a very good thing)  :)

• Like 2

I purchased recently a Leica Q, replacing a FujiFilm X100F I bought a year ago. I like it very much. It's the best of everything: not too big; full frame sensor; excellent length; rigid commitment to the one camera, one lens policy; etc.

My only complaint is that it doesn't have an optical viewfinder like the X100F.  If they make a Leica Q2, maybe they'll add an OVF.  Another thing the X100F has that I like and miss is the manual control of the ISO. It's not very important since I don't change ISO very often, maybe one or two times in a day. The Q has a button for ISO, but I prefer knobs. The last thing I'd like added to a Q2 is a second customizable function button. The X100F has too many of those and the Q not enough.  Still, it's not a big thing; I can do fine with one.

No, if I could have only one thing different on the Leica Q, it would be an optical viewfinder like the one on the X100F.  It was nice, with exposure settings superimposed on the screen.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Point and shoot birding - just point the Q to the sky and let autofocus work it's magic. 

Then have some extra fun in PP figuring out which one of the 2000 birds captured by wide lens may be the best candidate for cropping. :D 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting thread. I am new to this forum But recognize some of you from both Flickr and DPreview( hi Bagz!

Not sure why but the rest of what i wrote disappeared ;)

Was saying i came from Fuji and Nikon before switching the Fuji gear for Leica Q. Its one of the best and most fun cameras to use i have ever owned. It just begs me to pick it up and shoot, and thats one of the most important features of this magnificent camera.

Its almost perfect for what it does for me. The rest is now covered by my Nikon gear, but for just shooting day to day life and street photography with it, it does it as good if not better than any of my Nikon camera/lenses. And its more fun and more simple to use.

• Like 1