How to carry TL2 plus 2 lenses

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Question

I’m taking leica TL2 to Barcelona for a few days with family. I will normally have my T35mm on the body and my 11/24mm in a bag but I don’t want to take a bag.

Another option is to take a photographers jacket and put the spare lens in that but I don’t want to walk around Barcelona looking like a right plonker.

So what other options are there out there??

Neil

Sadly it is Barcelona that seems to have this reputation. I'm not one to be over influenced by such hearsay, but the experience above is from a good friend who visited with his wife, and the event detailed was a clear and obvious attempt to take a bag they were carrying. I'd like to think that theirs was an unusual experience but combined with the reputation it does seem to be that visitors need to be aware of the potential for theft.

Maybe consider just the 35mm, or alternatively just the 11-23 Neil?

I travelled last year with more cameras gear than most shops, but the T carried the 23mm, with a CV15mm if I needed it. The simple, single, 23mm worked a treat.

Not sure I'd want 35mm only, but 11-23 gives a heap of options. Or the 18-56 (if you have it of courser?).

Gary

• Like 2

I was there some years ago with a party of about 20. One lost stuff from the hotel safe, and one was pickpocketed by distraction: thief A spilled chocolate ice cream on a dress, then thief B stole from the handbag under pretence of cleaning her up.

Sadly, Barcelona has been a common factor in tales of street crime I've heard over the years.

Nice place though :)!

• Like 1

These things can happen in every bigger town in the world, I suppose.

Also with citizens of the town itself, as a member of my family overcame in Rotterdam. A modified ice-cream trick in that case.

These pickpockets act like hunters, observing, etc. Perhaps educated. 

By the way are there webinars to learn pickpocketing?

Jan

Maybe consider just the 35mm, or alternatively just the 11-23 Neil?

I travelled last year with more cameras gear than most shops, but the T carried the 23mm, with a CV15mm if I needed it. The simple, single, 23mm worked a treat.

Not sure I'd want 35mm only, but 11-23 gives a heap of options. Or the 18-56 (if you have it of courser?).

Gary

Cheers Gary.....50mm is my go to lens for street photography so the 35mm hopefully will work but I also agree that there will be times when something a little wider will be good. That little 23mm pancake lens would be perfect as it might fit into a pocket but then I guess if I take the 35mm off and put the 22mm on then I will still need to have somewhere to put the 35mm.........I have that Norwegian Bloke Tompsons Lard lens hood on the 35mm so that is also a PITA.

I thought about bum bags but there kind of gay so I don't think I could use one of them. When I get back to KL I will have a look at the pouches at YL camera as they have lots to bags and stuff..........Or I could take my H6D100c with 4 lenses and hire a security crew along with a 250 pound porter to haul all that stuff :) :) :) 

Neil

Billingham Avea 5 clips onto a belt and will hold either lens.

That might as well have look at me I have some expensive camera gear in here.....no thanks

Neil

I like the Peak sling bag. I have been carrying the TL2 mounted with a lens and two additional lenses, batteries, cards etc while in Amsterdam. Very secure and comfortable.

There are many.........is it the 5 10 or 20L

Neil

I like the Peak sling bag. I have been carrying the TL2 mounted with a lens and two additional lenses, batteries, cards etc while in Amsterdam. Very secure and comfortable.

Thats a nice looking bag..............I have a Billigham small at home that is beige and tan that my wife has been using whence takes her Sony A7 and a few lenses, and since she nicked my TL2 she has used that same bag...............I do like the idea that the Peak Design bag is plane Jane as I feel but don't really know that the Billingham bag screams expensive gear inside

Neil

The Harley Small

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Guest

I still think that after hearing what our Barcelona friends are like ............not all of them but many with sticky fingers, then I should just take the 35mm on the body and the 11/22 in a bum bag...........I hate them frogging things, my brother in law had one and it used to make me cringe seeing him with it.

Neil