Tapatalk not working? *merged*

Beena22

On an iPhone, the forum defaults to a limited interface. First thing I do, but s change it to the full version, but have to do it every time.

Another reason to stick with Android :-)

The mobile version works fine except you dont wee any 'likes' or 'thankyous'

Gerry

I’m perfectly happy with my iPhone thanks.

Here’s my screenshot from my iPhone.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

On an iPhone, the forum defaults to a limited interface. First thing I do, but s change it to the full version, but have to do it every time.

Which I find extremely annoying. But, I suppose it is needed for those that are not on WiFi, 4G or 3G.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I use safari on iPhone and iPad to access the forum and find them both convenient. It uses the mobile formatting on the phone and normal formatting on the pad. Can you give some details about your dislike of the iPad experience? (You may want to subscribe to the ad-free version of the forum for best results...)

• 5 weeks later...

Is there an alternate to Tapatalk being used by anybody here?

It’s impossible for me to be able to post here on the fly via my phone/iPad due to the image size restriction, Tapatalk was doing a great job here

There’s a fudge for image resizing on the iPhone - email the picture to yourself first. You get to choose the size of the picture, somewhere on the right of the CC/FROM address box. When you get the message, save the enclosed picture and post that to the forum.
  • Like 1

I love this forum, and browse extensively every day, but I’ve stopped posting here because it is so inconvenient to do from mobile and iPad. I do wish LUF would recode the site so that it automatically resizes the images to the correct size like most other photography forums do.

These days more people must be accessing LUF via mobile devices, so it has become a necessity for the site to be mobile friendly.

Edited by firoze

I love this forum, and browse extensively every day, but I’ve stopped posting here because it is so inconvenient to do from mobile and iPad. I do wish LUF would recode the site so that it automatically resizes the images to the correct size like most other photography forums do.

These days more people must be accessing LUF via mobile devices, so it has become a necessity for the site to be mobile friendly.

I teally don't see what the problem is, I use the mobile version all the time and am happy with it. The only 'significant' thing I can see that is missing is you don't see who has liked your posts. I stopped using Tapatalk a couple of years ago when they'upgraded' it tto a version far worse than the one it replaced or the mobile version of Andreas' software.

I wouldn't post pictures from any mobile device, not enough control. I edit a journal and what I get sent from an Ipad is poor, and often low res too.

Gerry

I teally don't see what the problem is, I use the mobile version all the time and am happy with it. The only 'significant' thing I can see that is missing is you don't see who has liked your posts. I stopped using Tapatalk a couple of years ago when they'upgraded' it tto a version far worse than the one it replaced or the mobile version of Andreas' software.

I wouldn't post pictures from any mobile device, not enough control. I edit a journal and what I get sent from an Ipad is poor, and often low res too.

Gerry

I think you may not have understood my post correctly; I did not say I was unhappy with the mobile interface. My problem is that’s want to post photos conveniently from mobile devices, which is not possible on LUF. Emailing photos to yourself is not convenient.

If you yourself do not want to post photos from mobile, I respect that wish, but I do want to post from mobile, and so do others. The iPad and iPhone are fully capable of uploading high res photos. The photos I post from mobile on FB, 500px, Flickr, and other sites are as high res as the ones I post from my Mac. If reasonably high res photos cannot be posted to a site, the problem is with that site, not with the mobile device.

• 5 months later...