Tapatalk not working? *merged*

Beena22

Advertisement (gone after registration)

i tried that but it keeps asking for my password and I now have a headache

Neil

PITA

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Sorry – my fault.

The GDPR, especially the German flavor DSGVO (Datenschutzgrundverordnung), keeps my busy (and is driving my crazy).

So I forgot to inform you here...

Tapatalk had far-reaching access to the forum database but…

- doesn't offer such a contract

- is not compliant to EU privacy norms

… and wasn't very open to questions (to say the least)

Thus I'm running an immense risk if I continue to run Tapatalk.

I'm planning the update to a new forum version which brings much better support for mobile access but I can't promise an exact date.

Again: Sorry for the late information but this is an existential risk for me.

Andreas

Thank you for the info, and thank you for all your work running this forum. I really appreciate this forum, and your efforts to keep it running and safe.

• Like 3

This forum works well enough on mobile devices, at least it does on my iPad/iPhone. The only trouble is that one cannot upload photos from the Photos app into the forum because the file size is too large. I wish there was a way to do so. Unfortunately there is no convenient way to upload the photos. Hopefully, whatever new software this forum moves to will allow uploading photos from mobile devices.

Ps: a big thank you to the Admins for time and effort you invest in running this forum!

Edited by firoze

This forum works well enough on mobile devices, at least it does on my iPad/iPhone. The only trouble is that one cannot upload photos from the Photos app into the forum because the file size is too large. I wish there was a way to do so. Unfortunately there is no convenient way to upload the photos. Hopefully, whatever new software this forum moves to will allow uploading photos from mobile devices.

Ps: a big thank you to the Admins for time and effort you invest in running this forum!

another annoying thing is that I have to input my login detailed every time I reply to a thread

Definitely not mobile friendly anymore.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Neil,

The Leica Forum is no longer on Tapatalk.

You have to access the Leica Forum from your internet browser from now on.

Cheers

J :)

J Ive got that bit.....its just a PITA having to log in every time I want to reply to a thread using my iPhone

Neil

J Ive got that bit.....its just a PITA having to log in every time I want to reply to a thread using my iPhone

Neil

Much of the time, I seem to stay logged in. Just occasionally it forgets, and I have to log in again. I use Chrome on an android phone, and Chrome remembers my password, so I don't normally have to enter my password from scratch.

I don't understand why it keeps me logged in most of the time, even if I close Chrome, but occasionally forgets.

Neil

Sorry Neil, I missed that. Apologies!

I am on iPhone and don’t have that problem. I do select “remember me” or “stay logged in” when I log in to forums via internet. After that your login stays active until you clear history or log out.

Hope this helps.

J

• Like 1

Neil,

This is likely to be a 'cookies' problem.  Cookies are where websites store information such as login details etc on your phone to save you having to login each time you visit because the website can read the appropriate cookie and remember who you are, when you last logged in, what you want to see when you login etc.  If you've got your privacy settings wound up to the max they may be deleting 'session' cookies when you close your browser, which means you have to log in every time.  

If this is the case then you might need to spend some time sifting through your phone's settings, starting with Privacy, to see what's 'cutting the cookies'.  Be a bit careful not to open your Privacy up too far so the whole world has access to your phone's innards though.

Pete.

Neil,

This is likely to be a 'cookies' problem.  Cookies are where websites store information such as login details etc on your phone to save you having to login each time you visit because the website can read the appropriate cookie and remember who you are, when you last logged in, what you want to see when you login etc.  If you've got your privacy settings wound up to the max they may be deleting 'session' cookies when you close your browser, which means you have to log in every time.  

If this is the case then you might need to spend some time sifting through your phone's settings, starting with Privacy, to see what's 'cutting the cookies'.  Be a bit careful not to open your Privacy up too far so the whole world has access to your phone's innards though.

Pete.

Pete

I just deleted history and cookies ......I will see if that helps

Neil

Hi, Neil,

It's more about letting the cookies stay on your phone I suspect but deleting the cookies might erase an old one that's causing the problem and make the website write a new "good" one to your phone that fixes the problem.  Good luck.

Pete.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi

I like using tapatalk on my iPad. However, there is a disagreement between the admin here and the tapatalk people regarding the new EU security requirements. I don’t know the particulars of all this, but I do wish it could be worked out as forum traffic has really decreased.

Thanks

However, there is a disagreement between the admin here and the tapatalk people regarding the new EU security requirements. I don’t know the particulars of all this, but I do wish it could be worked out as forum traffic has really decreased.

Thanks

I'm really sorry for all Leica Forum members having used the Tapatalk interface.

There is indeed a disagreement on many levels:

Basic / Technical

I try to keep the Leica Forum as save as possible with a lot of measures on different levels.

It's basically a bad idea to seal up everything and then to drill a hole for a software you don't know in detail.

I can't control what Tapatalk is doing with your data. Really bad idea.

Legal

If I give a third party access to the forum data I need two things to follow German / EU law:

1. Data processing agreement

I need a data processing agreement with this party – which Tapatalk never offered though I asked several times.

2. Registration with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield

Tapatalk told me they applied on April 17th - about 6 weeks before the GDPR went active.

I never received an information that they are registered.

Communication

I had long email conversations with several Tapatalk managers about the issues above.

First they denied that there is a problem.

Then they took action - much too late and not sufficient.

And then they started to scare me with missing traffic and receding ad income (which didn't happen)

Summary for me: I'm completely fed up with Tapatalk on all levels...

I'm really sorry for you but please understand that I can't take these risks.

Andreas

• Like 7

I'm puzzled. I've never needed Tapatalk to use the forum on a smartphone. This site seems very responsive to a small screen using Chrome and android. I can read the forum easily, check notifications etc etc. Why do you need tapatalk?

Is this just an iphone issue?

Edited by LocalHero1953