Bulb for Focomat 1a

ash13brook

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I bought this enlarger about 13 years ago, but never used it. It's complete and working, but needs the cord replaced, which is simple enough. The current bulb works, but I think I should have at least one spare.

Does anyone know what bulb this is and if there's a source or a more modern substitute?

Thanks,

Matt

Thanks.

I really planned on getting rid of my printing stuff as it's a pain for me to set up and take down.

But, I'd probably practically have to throw it away to be rid of it.

So, I think I'll clean the enlarger inside and out and see how it does first.

Matt

I am not familiar with this type of enlarger and its bulb used, but I ordered all replacement and spare bulbs for my Beseler enlargers on ebay. I recommend to stay away from huge online sellers or the brand name (if still existant) itself - also be cautious on ebay, some try to rip you off with a reasonable price for a new bulb but charge double or triple for shipping. Up to $10 is a reasonable amount to pay these days for a new bulb in general including shipping. 

• 3 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

211 & 212 bulbs are long neck suitable for the egg or oval shaped grey head.   They are too long for the 1A which has a round black crinkle finish head.  They end up being too close to the condenser so the edges are either too bright or too dark.

You need the short neck one which is scarce.   IIRC I tried a garden variety household 75 watt and removed the the printing  which works , but not perfectly.