Meyer Optik re-issued APO Makro Plasmat or Nikkor LTM in 105mm

wlaidlaw

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My Canon 50/1.8 is mint :) I only had it wiped clean internally by Will van Manen.

Mine too but it is an older all chrome "Hiroshi" lens, with an infinity lock, which I have been told does not use the glass for the rear element, which has a tendency to go foggy on the later back/chrome lenses. 

Wilson

[...] I think the German authorities should be having a look at this company to see whether it was deliberate or just incompetence, allied to financial naivety. [...]

Wilson

Unfortunately, as is so often the case with this kind of business, there seems to be a complex web of nested ownership across the Atlantic, comprising of several companies, so that national authorities will have a hard time to investigate.

I happen to live in the town of Bad Kreuznach, where the very respected company of „Schneider Kreuznach“ (also maker of B+W filters) still is in business, albeit no longer in small format but mostly in up market professional cine and large format lenses.

The entirely unrelated company of „Schacht Kreuznach“, belonging to the net SE web is nowhere to be found physically, not even as a letterbox...

Edited by schattenundlicht
  • Like 1

Mine too but it is an older all chrome "Hiroshi" lens, with an infinity lock, which I have been told does not use the glass for the rear element, which has a tendency to go foggy on the later back/chrome lenses. 

Wilson

Mine is the one with the rubber-clad focus ring and infinity lock.

I have no hands-on experience with the LTM Nikkor 105/2.5 but my F mount variant remains my go-to short tele for the Nikon reflex cameras.

I've had the Canon LTM 100/2.0 with an older Leitz LTM to M adapter for many years, long enough to know I will never own another 90 Summicron of any edition. One thing I particularly appreciate about the Canon 100/2.0 is it is a much better fit for the frame lines in my M9-P bodies, as compared to the 90 Tele-Elmarit (thin / Wetzlar) I also have. I have no desire to ever divest or upgrade from either of these lenses, they suit my particular vision quite well.

Another plus of the Canon LTM 100/2.0 is the extremely long focus throw which helps when using the lens wide open, I find it easier to nail the focus of the Canon @ wide open than the Tele-Elmarit @ wide open even though it is but f/2.8 but with its far shorter and quicker focus throw.

It is perhaps unfortunate the Meyer Optik offering will not be available as variety is the spice, if not life at least for photographic vision.