CL with Nikon lenses?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

:)

I just responded to your PM in the other site. :)

I have never used 300 oe 400 mm lenses for simple reason I do not have any of them, and frankly, I find them too large for the tiny CL, even on a tripod. But in general, I think any Nikkor lens that has a focus and aperture ring could work with Novoflex adapter. This adapter also has a ring (the blue part) that works a little like the aperture ring of the lens. You can open or close the aperture since the camera takes care of the shutter speed. But is not quite like the aperture control of the lens.

Correction

With my apologies, I remebered that I do have a 300mm lens but as I do not use it very often, I completely forgot about it:)

It is an old 300 mm AI (MF) with which I did make some tests couple of years ago on my T, but never on CL yet. Handling wa not very easy because of the size, but the IQ was really very good, better than I expected. I suppose you can even have a better result with CL that has a better sensor.

Therefore, I don’t think there would not be any problem with a MF lens, more specially if you use a tripod.

Regards ,

Edited by Louis
  • Like 1