Auto lens detection not working.

ymc226

In my case my M10 does not detect my Elmarit 24 ASPH. The lens is not over-rotated on the M10, the coding is clean, it is properly detected on my Monochrom I, and was properly detected on my M240 when I had it.

So my question is does anyone have the same problem, or have an M10 that properly detects the Elmarit 24 ASPH?

Thank you Pico.  I use LR6 for processing all of my photos and regularly apply LR's lens correction for the specific lens.  I just wonder if any lens correction done in camera using the wrong profile can be overridden by the profile used by Adobe in LR.  If not, then I would disable the auto detect function of the M10 for the problematic lenses, if I remember.  I would have to guess this would be more important for the 24 Elmar than for the 35 Summicron.

As far as I am aware, LR does not override any in-camera corrections. This is applied before the data are written to DNG. This is in contrast to the Q which carries the corrections in a separate file embedded in the DNG

Mine detects the 24 3.8 ASPH 100% of the time. Never seen an issue with any firmware release. So it’s not firmware.

In my case my M10 does not detect my Elmarit 24 ASPH. The lens is not over-rotated on the M10, the coding is clean, it is properly detected on my Monochrom I, and was properly detected on my M240 when I had it.

So my question is does anyone have the same problem, or have an M10 that properly detects the Elmarit 24 ASPH?

• 5 years later...