The Leica Forum uses cookies. Read the privacy statement for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    OK, understood.

Photo
- - - - -

Auto lens detection not working.

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 willeica

willeica

Collector and User

• Premium Member
  • 1,792 posts
  • City / Ort:Dublin, Ireland

Posted 18 April 2018 - 12:58

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

The net problem in my case is a stuck lens release which is leading to over-rotation, six bit recognition and focus issues. Those M mounts a lot more intolerant to misalignment than you might think.

William

#22 colorflow

colorflow

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 665 posts
  • City / Ort:Pleasanton, CA

Posted 19 April 2018 - 06:49

In my case my M10 does not detect my Elmarit 24 ASPH. The lens is not over-rotated on the M10, the coding is clean, it is properly detected on my Monochrom I, and was properly detected on my M240 when I had it.

So my question is does anyone have the same problem, or have an M10 that properly detects the Elmarit 24 ASPH?

Alan

#23 jaapv

jaapv

• Moderators
  • 52,561 posts
  • LocationBehind a Red Dot
  • City / Ort:Hellevoetsluis

Posted 19 April 2018 - 18:07

Thank you Pico.  I use LR6 for processing all of my photos and regularly apply LR's lens correction for the specific lens.  I just wonder if any lens correction done in camera using the wrong profile can be overridden by the profile used by Adobe in LR.  If not, then I would disable the auto detect function of the M10 for the problematic lenses, if I remember.  I would have to guess this would be more important for the 24 Elmar than for the 35 Summicron.

As far as I am aware, LR does not override any in-camera corrections. This is applied before the data are written to DNG. This is in contrast to the Q which carries the corrections in a separate file embedded in the DNG

Jaap

WWW.JAAPVPHOTOGRAPHY.EU

Posts in blue bold font are made as a moderator

Leica user since 1976

#24 mdemeyer

mdemeyer

Neuer Benutzer

• Members
  • 348 posts
  • LocationBeijing, China (1-year assignment)

Posted 19 April 2018 - 21:40

Mine detects the 24 3.8 ASPH 100% of the time. Never seen an issue with any firmware release. So it’s not firmware.

In my case my M10 does not detect my Elmarit 24 ASPH. The lens is not over-rotated on the M10, the coding is clean, it is properly detected on my Monochrom I, and was properly detected on my M240 when I had it.

So my question is does anyone have the same problem, or have an M10 that properly detects the Elmarit 24 ASPH?

#25 colorflow

colorflow

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 01:52

Mine detects the 24 3.8 ASPH 100% of the time. Never seen an issue with any firmware release. So it’s not firmware.

Mine is the 24 2.8 Elmarit ASPH which is a different code from the 3.8. Anyone has that on the M10?

Alan

#26 Ecar

Ecar

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 10:32

Mine is the 24 2.8 Elmarit ASPH which is a different code from the 3.8. Anyone has that on the M10?

Yes - just mounted and unmounted it a few times on the M10. Always immediately detected.

#27 colorflow

colorflow

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 15:56

Yes - just mounted and unmounted it a few times on the M10. Always immediately detected.

Thanks. This is strange. My 24/2.8 works on the 240, Monochrom I, but not on my M10 ???

Alan

#28 Coolattitud

Coolattitud

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 05:59

hello, I just bought a used noctilux that I ride on a new Leica M10, and I do not see the coupling box active lens, in auto, and in manual the noctilux is not in the list, the firmware of the device is 1.10.4.0. Thank you in advance for your advice

#29 Gobert

Gobert

La Passione Passa dal Cuore

• Members
  • 360 posts
  • LocationArnhem, The Netherlands

Posted 30 April 2018 - 16:24

Which noctilux?

#30 Coolattitud

Coolattitud

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 19:52

the 50 mm 0,95

#31 Gobert

Gobert

La Passione Passa dal Cuore

• Members
  • 360 posts
  • LocationArnhem, The Netherlands

Posted 30 April 2018 - 20:20

I checked. You’re right. The 50/1.0 version although is there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic