Advisable to buy a D-Lux 109 today?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Never tried DxO but my Lx100 shines with C1 and the modest Silkypix as well. As far as jpegs are concerned i prefer the DL109's color rendition personally but it is a matter of tastes obviously. 

Edited by lct
  • Like 1

Hi lct,

Depending on the develop softwares I try I get completely different results regarding color rendition.

I tried a trial of C1 but colors looked washed out to me ... I must be doing something wrong with it ?

DxO, by default, delivers the 109 look and colors I personally like a lot !

But of course ... YMMV !

Regards,

Stefaan  

• Like 1

Well colors look like we want them to if we use raw converters of course. If you feel that C1 produces washed out colors by default you must like saturated colors i guess as i desaturate mine personally especially greens. Could you show a pic with DxO default settings? Just curious.

Hi again lct,

*ANY* picture that I got from C1 with default settings is 'strange looking' regarding colors IMHO.

Compared to the ones I get with DxO it's a difference of day and night.

I'll try to find out how to upload pics here from my local disk (like I do from the dpreview website).

Regards,

Stefaan

I've used the 109 for quite a while now, and it still is the cam that I bring when I do not want to bring a lot of gear. It's a good performer with a nice lens and very versatile yet compact. Is is perfect? By no means. In no field it is amazing. But all that it can do, id does really well.

Just keep in mind to set the White-Balance manually. ;)

I have been very impressed by the imagery from my Type 109. The only problem I have with it is the sensitivity of the tiny buttons on the back of the camera. Advancing years mean that my fingers are not as nimble as they used to be, so it's all too easy for fingertips to brush against these buttons and make unwanted changes to how the camera is operating. If the buttons could be set not to respond unless depressed and held down for one second, this would probably fix the problem.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have been very impressed by the imagery from my Type 109. The only problem I have with it is the sensitivity of the tiny buttons on the back of the camera. Advancing years mean that my fingers are not as nimble as they used to be, so it's all too easy for fingertips to brush against these buttons and make unwanted changes to how the camera is operating. If the buttons could be set not to respond unless depressed and held down for one second, this would probably fix the problem.

I understand this, I'm quite good at changing the white balance settings without realizing it. My biggest issue with the camera is the exposure compensation dial, it is far too easy to move it without noticing.