Updates to X-U?

jtwg

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have been considering getting an X-U, but it's already a little more than 2 years old. Does anyone here know what Leica's update cycle is like for the X series? I'd prefer to wait for an update if one is forthcoming, but I am somewhat new to Leica and don't have a feel for how long it takes them to introduce updates.

I have been considering getting an X-U, but it's already a little more than 2 years old. Does anyone here know what Leica's update cycle is like for the X series? I'd prefer to wait for an update if one is forthcoming, but I am somewhat new to Leica and don't have a feel for how long it takes them to introduce updates.

The X-U is the last available Leica of the X-series.
After introducing the CL I don't think there will be any update or a following model for the X-series.
It will probably take decades for Leica to present again a waterproof camera.
If you are interested in an X-U, you should get one of the last models, some of which are already available at discounted prices.

And don't forget the X-U is 2 years old, but is already exactly based on the Leica X (Typ 113) which is even 'older'.

This doesn't mean however it doesn't take amazing photos.

See my X (Typ 113) album: https://www.flickr.com/photos/jipvankuijk/albums/72157671486466850

Also it's predecessor, the X2 / X-E are amazing: https://www.flickr.com/photos/jipvankuijk/albums/72157671486466850

It's the photos that count, not the age of the camera!

Edited by jip

It's the photos that count, not the age of the camera!

I generally agree, was walking around today with a 65-year old Rolleiflex. However I've read about noise issues at 3200ISO, and sensor sensitivity is definitely one of those things that usually improves with time. I've also read that the AF performance isn't great, which is another thing that should improve. But you two have convinced me to go take a look at one today. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...