Lightroom Classic CC 7.3 — Major Problems

Guest Nowhereman

Guest Nowhereman

The list of issues fixed in v7.3.1 is here. However, there are some reports at the bottom of this page on continuing crashes, particularly when Lightroom is reactivated after sitting idle for some time. Also, there are already reports on some continuing issues with presets here.

I'm also sticking with v7.2 until all these problems have been solved, perhaps until there is a v7.4 — but, even then, I would wait to see how that version works out.

Alone in Bangkok essay on BURN Magazine

Nowhereman Instagram

Edited by Nowhereman

I had just finished my three month free LR Classic CC that was included in the purchase of my M10. Even though I have never experienced any problems with 7.3, I wanted to have it updated and make a safety copy of the catalog.

So I tried the TAN for my M9 on the Owner's Area for the first time (I had standalone LR at the time). I bought it used in july 2013 (sold new in july 2011), and I got another three months of LR Classic CC. Not bad!

7.3.1 Plus an April  GPU driver update resolved most of my issues on Windows 10.  The one major bug that I experience is on import.  If I take some shots and import them Lightroom performs properly.  If I remove the card and take more shots Lightrrom does not  "see" the additional images on the card when I try to import them - only the first set. I have to close Lightroom and re-start it to do the second import.

Edited by Luke_Miller

I am also having trouble with a Black and White conversion. That no longer works in Lightroom either.

Will have to find a bug reporting system for it.

How are you doing your conversions Andy? The previous bw presets are still there, just under a different heading now... not at my pc... it’s classic something.

The old capture sharpening presets are gone (people or landscapes) I shall need to check my custom preset is applied by default.

I still get periodic crashes when opening files to PS. Some kind of OpenGL driver problem I haven’t resolved yet

• 3 weeks later...

I will piggy-back on this thread to report a problem I had yesterday with LR and Windows, which may help some who find the same problem.

Windows 10 installed its latest major update. Afterwards LR couldn't do anything involving writing to disk: import from SD card, export, creating new folders etc.

To cut a (very) long and frustrating story short, it came down to Windows Defender blocking any Adobe software from access to drives, for security reasons. Defender gives the option to add other apps (.exe files) to the acceptable list - suddenly everything was OK. But I lost 5 hours of my life I will never get back.

I don't know if they all are - mine certainly was. I'm running the latest LR Classic CC with no problems, now I've got it running.

I had similar problems with Windows 10 Defender stopping Quickbooks Desktop running as well. That was more of a nightmare, as Quickbooks seems to relay on a series of helper apps for different tasks - I had to get them all listed as acceptable with Defender before I could get access to the accounts again. In this case, I suspect Microsoft would blame Intuit for having such a messy program that uses multiple semi-independent executables.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Nowhereman

Lightroom Classic cc v7.4 is came out a couple of days ago and some people are still experiencing problems with crashes. See this and and this and this.

For moderator: Please change title of thread to v7.4.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nowhereman

Works fine for many people, yet many other people are having problems. It depends what LR features you use and, possibly, what other apps you have on the machine — not to speak of the OS X version. The problem is certainly real.

I'm sticking to v7.2 until it becomes clear that Adobe has solved the problems.