M240 improvements since launch with firmware ? any ?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi there,

Been a Leica user for ages, but actually skipped the 240 model.

Got M8 traded it for a  M8.2 traded it for a  M9, keep the M9 and bought a MD262, sold it for a SL and then traded the SL for a M10.

Tried few other mirrorless cameras ( Sony, Fuji, etc ) but in the end, I'm so used to M rangefinder focusing that I'm comming back to Leica.

Now, I had to sell the M10 recently and now I'm wondering and pondering between two options :

A - M10. Had one, was great. Loved the slimmer profile, did not notice that much of a thing with the viewfinder, love the images, high iso and back screen

B - MP240 Safari. I always loved this camera and I know one for sale, near me, for a price a bit lower ( 800 euros less ). I always loved this camera and I plan to use it, brass it and keep it.

My question is not which one is better, I'm far aware that are dozens of topics on that question but if over the years, Leica did alter anything in the m240 specs ? For example, we know have a lower ISO than 200 ? or if the ISO limit long exposure was raised ? etc ? Anything else has changed / improved from factory specs via firmware ?

Best

GP

The M240 in its early days was plagued with problems of lockups. These were sorted by successive firmware upgrades after a couple of years.

I'm not aware of significant changes to specs and options brought about by firmware - if there were any they are so long ago I've forgotten.

• Like 1