new Q user

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I haven't really read this anywhere, but my request for the next Q would actually be with a 21mm lens. I love this focal length, it is my favorite lens on the M10 and if I owned two Qs, one with a 21 and the other with the 28, I would actually consider selling the M and just going with the 2 Qs instead. Of course a third with a 50 would really round it out. Sometimes I wonder if this is precisely why Leica doesn't do this...it could kill the M.

My only gripe with the Q is the excessive moire that I see way too often. Quite frankly the lens is just too good for a 24mm sensor. I sometimes wish it did have an anti aliasing filter. I do think that a higher mp Q would handle this problem well enough. I know lots of Q users do not have this issue, but it really depends on what type of subject matter one likes to shoot and what kind of patterns are in that subject matter.

Question for those of you who own the thumbs up for the Q --- does it sit tight in the hot shoe or is there a little bit of wobble? On my Q, the thumbs up is nowhere near as tight a fit as the one for my M10. It is not really a problem but just doesn't seem to be a real good fit for a Leica. Any comments?

• Like 3

Question for those of you who own the thumbs up for the Q --- does it sit tight in the hot shoe or is there a little bit of wobble? On my Q, the thumbs up is nowhere near as tight a fit as the one for my M10. It is not really a problem but just doesn't seem to be a real good fit for a Leica. Any comments?

Perfect fit with no wobble when the screw is tightened.

Perfect fit with no wobble when the screw is tightened.

assuming he bought the newer version with the screw. glad I did, but it means keeping the little wrench with me (which I am resigned to lose or misplace eventually--I have a bunch of them somewhere....) if I want to use a flash.

• Like 1

--------------------------------

v1 of the thumbs up was quite wobbly on my Q.  i solved the wobble by placing a piece of black tape on bottom of the thumbs up --- now it is as snug as a bug....