Beseler 67sc?

Csacwp

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I’m looking to put together my first darkroom and have been offered a Beseler 67sc for a good price. I only want to enlarge black and white 35mm film. Is this a good enlarger, and did it come with a good lens? I want to be one and done and don’t want to have to purchase a better enlarger in the future.

Beselers are generally well though of. Solid, well designed. The main advantage of the model you are considering is the ability to take some medium format negatives – up to 6x7 cm. If that is important to you – you will likely to be fine for a long time. Depending on your needs, a capacity of 6x9 would be better to accommodate other medium format negatives.

If you only will do 35mm, look for a Leitz Valoy or Focomat. They are terrific.
  • Like 1

I also have a Beseler 67S with color diffuser which I rarely use (I got it two years ago for $40). It came with a Nikkor 50/2.8 enlarger lens which had some fungus - I replaced the lens with a mint new one which I bought online. I don't like the 35 mm aluminum metal film holder it comes with - it leads sometimes to unwanted light reflections. The holder always flips up automatically and the negative can easily move before it is fully squeezed into the enlarger's film holder opening. I like the larger Beseler 45 MXT film holders much better - thicker metal base, all black and not reflective surface. 

• Like 1