The Leica Forum uses cookies. Read the privacy statement for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    OK, understood.

Photo
- - - - -

Beseler 67sc?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Csacwp

Csacwp

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 504 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 17:08

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)
I’m looking to put together my first darkroom and have been offered a Beseler 67sc for a good price. I only want to enlarge black and white 35mm film. Is this a good enlarger, and did it come with a good lens? I want to be one and done and don’t want to have to purchase a better enlarger in the future.

#2 Michael Hiles

Michael Hiles

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 9,909 posts
  • LocationMontreal
  • City / Ort:Montreal

Posted 28 March 2018 - 18:01

Beselers are generally well though of. Solid, well designed. The main advantage of the model you are considering is the ability to take some medium format negatives – up to 6x7 cm. If that is important to you – you will likely to be fine for a long time. Depending on your needs, a capacity of 6x9 would be better to accommodate other medium format negatives.

If you only will do 35mm, look for a Leitz Valoy or Focomat. They are terrific.

• EoinC said thank you to this
Michael

I would like to manage to prevent people from ever seeing how a picture of mine has been done. What can it possibly matter? What I want is that the only thing emanating from my pictures should be emotion. - Pablo Picasso

#3 Martin B

Martin B

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 15:12

I also have a Beseler 67S with color diffuser which I rarely use (I got it two years ago for $40). It came with a Nikkor 50/2.8 enlarger lens which had some fungus - I replaced the lens with a mint new one which I bought online. I don't like the 35 mm aluminum metal film holder it comes with - it leads sometimes to unwanted light reflections. The holder always flips up automatically and the negative can easily move before it is fully squeezed into the enlarger's film holder opening. I like the larger Beseler 45 MXT film holders much better - thicker metal base, all black and not reflective surface. 

• EoinC said thank you to this

0 user(s) are reading this topic