What the hell went wrong here

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Looks like this mate

Basically you fold the neg in half with the emulsion side facing in and hold it together with a ribber band, you can get 4 sheets of 4x5 in one tank..............works sweet when you use enough chemicals :) :) :)

Thanks, will work faster I think

Here are a few that I took this morning using 800 ml of Chemicals................ Chamonix 4x5 Delta 100 with LC29

Neil

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Looks like 800ml worked just fine :)

One thing to note I use HC-110 and, that 800ml will actually develop up to 12 sheets of film, there's no need to dump it after the first shot. I have often developed 4 sheets and 2 rolls of 35mm with the same chemicals, one after the other..

Looks like 800ml worked just fine :)

One thing to note I use HC-110 and, that 800ml will actually develop up to 12 sheets of film, there's no need to dump it after the first shot. I have often developed 4 sheets and 2 rolls of 35mm with the same chemicals, one after the other..

Mike that’s 12 sheets already. And plan to do another 12 sheets at least before dumping it.

Neil

Let me know how that goes, I've often wondered how much you can really develop before exhausting the chemicals.

i come from Scotland. We will get the last drop out of it :) :)

Neil

Advertisement (gone after registration)

A cautionary tale about re-sing chemistry. It does start getting exhausted immediately. You should increase the dev time with each batch to compensate. There are tables (somewhere) that guide you for this.

I gave away 'exhaustion' developing light years ago in preference of 'One Shot' development. It gives absolute consistency of result and is not too expensive for color and definitely dirt cheap for B&W. The trick is to only mix exactly the amount you need. Store any stock solutions in multiple small bottles instead of one large one so that you don't expose the bulk of it to air when you open one bottle.

My colour chemistry will last beyond 12 months when stored like this. B&W chemistry is even better lasting.

• Like 3

A cautionary tale about re-sing chemistry. It does start getting exhausted immediately. You should increase the dev time with each batch to compensate. There are tables (somewhere) that guide you for this.

I gave away 'exhaustion' developing light years ago in preference of 'One Shot' development. It gives absolute consistency of result and is not too expensive for color and definitely dirt cheap for B&W. The trick is to only mix exactly the amount you need. Store any stock solutions in multiple small bottles instead of one large one so that you don't expose the bulk of it to air when you open one bottle.

My colour chemistry will last beyond 12 months when stored like this. B&W chemistry is even better lasting.

Erl

Chemicals in Asia are about 3 x the cost of what you can buy in the US, and then there is the availability of the stuff. Due to the fact of a knee jerk reaction, the US won't ship liquid chemicals overseas, so that has again made it more difficult to buy in Asia

Neil

Erl

Chemicals in Asia are about 3 x the cost of what you can buy in the US, and then there is the availability of the stuff. Due to the fact of a knee jerk reaction, the US won't ship liquid chemicals overseas, so that has again made it more difficult to buy in Asia

Neil

I totally get that issue. Here in Australia we suffer the same price hike. Availability here may be better than Asia.

Erl

Neil

And macodirect in Germany? It’s the cheapest I could find in Europe, also with shipping

ive got that tank already. And it leaks like a sive.

I like the taco method using the Paterson tank I guess I messed up on the volume of chems.

When I get home I will fill the tank with water and have 4 sheets of film in the tank along with the center column and get an accurate volume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also have the Stearman tank, Neil. If you squeeze it when tightening the 2 caps, it doesn't leak. 450ml works nicely in it.

Erl

Neil

I mainly use Rodinal (R09) at 1:50 one-shot, Neil. It's pretty cheap in KL. I accidentally ended up with a bunch of DDX recently, so am back to using it for a while just for a change. Fotoimpex is pretty good for importing from Europe, although it takes a while.

I also have the Stearman tank, Neil. If you squeeze it when tightening the 2 caps, it doesn't leak. 450ml works nicely in it.

During development I use a piece of gaffer tape over the lid

• Like 1