What is your favorite lens on your CL

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi,

I will be receiving my (second hand) CL next week, and have started thinking about lenses :-)

As a SL owner I have an M-T adapter with some M lenses and e.g. the 75 APO Summicron APO SL and the 24-90 of course.

In order to create a lens-camera combo for traveling, I am looking too the TL lenses of course.

I would be interesting to hear what your favorite lens is on your CL.

Just one lens pls :-)

Thanks 

John

1: T 18-56mm

2: T 55-135mm

3: T 11-23mm

4: ... sorry, my bag is full.

By the way, I think using SL 24-90mm on CL/TL is a bad idea. Let SL's to  SL, CL's to CL.

.... For supe-tele lovers, the only SL lens that "MIGHT" make sense is 90-280mm, but not for me.

Edited by Einst_Stein

1: T 18-56mm

2: T 55-135mm

3: T 11-23mm

4: ... sorry, my bag is full.

By the way, I think using SL 24-90mm on CL/TL is a bad idea. Let SL's to  SL, CL's to CL.

.... For supe-tele lovers, the only SL lens that "MIGHT" make sense is 90-280mm, but not for me.

Meant to attach above to this reply

Totally banal: The 18-56 and the 55-135. And the Summilux-M 24.

I've been meaning to try out the Elmarit-M 24, which is not so large, doesn't purple fringe, and has very nice contrast.  But your emphasis on long zooms seems designed for safari types.  Travelers headed for canyons or Asian temples will probably prefer shorter focal lengths.

My favorite lens is the Summicron-T 23. I've used this lens most on the T. The CL is no different. I am often on short business trips (with an absolute minimum of luggage), so this combination is really great. From a photographic point of view, too, it is exactly what I need. If the space in the luggage allows, I'll also take the 55-135. I usually don't have the Summilux 35 with me on my short trips. 

I've been meaning to try out the Elmarit-M 24, which is not so large, doesn't purple fringe, and has very nice contrast.  But your emphasis on long zooms seems designed for safari types.  Travelers headed for canyons or Asian temples will probably prefer shorter focal lengths.

I've got the M9 and Super-Elmar 18 for that

My kit consists of CL, Q, 11-23, 18-56, 55-135, & the 35 lux. Depending on the situation. I went to the Isle of Skye with just the Q, smashed it.

I went to London with the CL & 11-23, same, smashed it. (I didn't own the 18-56 yet).

The other day I went to Lincoln with the CL full kit and to be honest I could of done it all with the 18-56, tight small and packs a punch.

I’m findingthe 18mm 2.8 just a bit too wide for a single lens solution, and the 18-56 a little slow, so I’m going to swap my 18 2.8 for the 23 2.0. It’s a little larger, but I think the 35mm equivalent framing and the extra speed will help with more creative (shallow dof) shots and lower light stuff.

But there’s no doubt the 18-56 is a real peach as well. I think the wider aperture of the 23 is going to be more useful than the flexibility of the zoom. But anyhow, both are quite small so it’s not hard to put both in the bag.

Image quality wise the 35mm and 60mm lenses beat all the other ones.

The 23mm wins for convenience and the 18mm for compactness.

The zooms are IMO good in daylight but for indoor use (without OIS) a bit too slow.

If I had to pick one lens it would be the 35mm.  

Am I alone in disliking zooms - I shall not have one on my CL.

Depends on the zooms. I dislike slow zooms and big fast zooms but i like small fast ones like that of my Pana Lx100. Easier on m4/3 than APS of course but a small f/2.8 23-50 would have my vote on the CL.