Herr Barnack

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thorsten von Overgaard and Matteo Perin join forces to offer us the ultimate in luxury camera bags:

Luxury Camera Bags  and Luxury Bespoke Suitcases for World Travelers by Thorsten von Overgaard

http://overgaard.dk/Thorsten-von-Overgaard-Gallery-Store-Camera-Bags-and-Luxury-Travel-Suitcases.html

Thoughts?

There were some very snazzy camera bags on display in the Photography Show at the NEC last week. The consensus amongst the people I was with was simply that they attracted attention and some would have been expensive enough to be a target in their own right regardless of what they were carrying. As conspicuous statements of wealth they could be very effective if that's your bag (pun intended).

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

If I had that kind of money to waste, there are plenty of charities that need it.

Yes, like save the crocs.

The text reads: "My own 24hr Bag is elephant skin..." I am seriously hoping that the elephant skin in question is some sort of man made fabric that I have never heard of.

My thoughts? In a word, disgusting.

• Like 16

$ 6000 for the el-cheapo one to over $ 40.000 for  a large croc one?  For a bag - seriously? Beyond ridiculous, since you are asking.

If I had that kind of money to waste, there are plenty of charities that need it.

I laughed out loud when I saw the prices. There can’t be many Leica owners who carry their kit in a bag that’s more valuable than what’s inside it.

I laughed out loud when I saw the prices. There can’t be many Leica owners who carry their kit in a bag that’s more valuable than what’s inside it.

They are standard bags You can buy everywere. The materials are exclusive. Therefore You have to pay much money, that I don‘t have. And I like elephants too much.

Yes, like save the crocs.

The text reads: "My own 24hr Bag is elephant skin..." I am seriously hoping that the elephant skin in question is some sort of man made fabric that I have never heard of.

My thoughts? In a word, disgusting.

And illegal. Under CITES, the trade and use of Elephant products - not just Ivory - is prohibited. If he gets caught, for instance at a Customs check, he will not only lose the bag, he will face a stiff fine too, in some countries even prison.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Very, very nice bags. I would love to have the one of 40/k.

I’ve discussed with Mrs Gobert to apply for a second mortgage on the house. She refused.....

Rescued by your wife from an expensive lapse in taste. Hurrah for Mrs. Gobert!

• Like 1

I see Thorsten uses the Billingham Hadley Pro insert for the camera and lenses to sit in. There is a better bag for this insert, its called the Billingham Hadley Pro. Available for less than £200 and will last a lifetime, and is refurbishable by manufacturer.

• Like 10

And illegal. Under CITES, the trade and use of Elephant products - not just Ivory - is prohibited. If he gets caught, for instance at a Customs check, he will not only lose the bag, he will face a stiff fine too, in some countries even prison.

Is here any way to report this to authorities? This must be stopped A.S.A.P.

• Like 2

I can't believe he (or the other wan person) would not have done their homework on this. There must be some sort of loophole. In any case, I think he has seriously shot himself in the foot.

Edit: https://www.onegreenplanet.org/animalsandnature/elephant-leather-sales-on-the-rise/

Believe it or not, anyone can purchase and resell elephant leather provided that they comply with the lax regulations of the Convention of International Treaty of Endangered Species (CITES). The fact that you can legally buy and sell one part of a threatened animal, but not another, is a bizarre loophole in our regulations.
Edited by ianman
  • Like 1