Potential bug and an observation

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Flipped my CL on this afternoon and the Right Wheel lock in live view was turned on - I can say for certain I never set it through a menu setting - is there some kind of shortcut that initiates this? Has anyone else had this occur?

Speaking of the wheels...one thing I find interesting is that rotating counter clockwise increases values - ISO, shutter speed, magnification - this feels backwards to me in the "lefty-loosy righty-tighty" paradigm - or even in compared to an analog volume control. 

Michael

The wheel lock is turned on by touching the icon for that wheel for a second or two.  To turn it off, I have to go deep into the menu (page 4) and set Wheel Lock back to OFF for the one that you have unintentionally locked.  And yes, it is annoying.

Many cameras let you choose which way controls such as focus should rotate so that they will function YOUR way.  Leica doesn't do things that way.  I am sure that somewhere in Wetzlar there is a group that has given very serious thought to setting this the LEICA way.  You would have to go there and have a long discussion (and perhaps pay for the beer or wine) to have any chance of changing it.  I noticed that the CL, unlike any M that I have worked with, uses a Panasonic battery and chip holder that requires you to put the chip in with contacts facing the front of the camera, ergo the WRONG way.  Rather than feeling discomfited, I felt sorry for the Leica engineer who had solved this problem for all time, and now sees his solution ignored.

I have the LCD turned off using EVF-Extended. So I can't think of any way I may have touched the icon to turn it on inadvertently. Have I missed something else? I agree that digging in to the menu is annoying - I'm not sure if it can be made a favorite (I haven't tried)

Completely agree on the need for a setting to determine which the turns affect the settings. Although, coming from Nikon/Fuji, the aperture settings are backwards for me, too

The wheel lock is turned on by touching the icon for that wheel for a second or two.  To turn it off, I have to go deep into the menu (page 4) and set Wheel Lock back to OFF for the one that you have unintentionally locked.  And yes, it is annoying.

Many cameras let you choose which way controls such as focus should rotate so that they will function YOUR way.  Leica doesn't do things that way.  I am sure that somewhere in Wetzlar there is a group that has given very serious thought to setting this the LEICA way.  You would have to go there and have a long discussion (and perhaps pay for the beer or wine) to have any chance of changing it.  I noticed that the CL, unlike any M that I have worked with, uses a Panasonic battery and chip holder that requires you to put the chip in with contacts facing the front of the camera, ergo the WRONG way.  Rather than feeling discomfited, I felt sorry for the Leica engineer who had solved this problem for all time, and now sees his solution ignored.