Is there interest in grouping things into an L-Forum like the M-Forum?

Well, Leica has grouped the TL and CL system under the header APS System.

It might be useful to switch the positions of the T/TL forum and Q forum, and switch the positions of the SL and CL forums, though.

• Like 1

First of all ..the.SL is an expensive, heavy (professional if I may)  full frame system.  It shares the mount with the others.. but that is about it.  I know many of you have both systems and lenses, but I would bet the majority of us with an APC Leica camera don't buy SL lenses for them.

On the other hand,  The CL,  TL2 are both APC - same sensor, same processor, same native lenses, similar price range when equally equipped, and , btw, mostly the same people using them on these forums. Many of the questions that come up in the CL forum can be, and many have already been, answered in the TL forum. 

Several good photo friends that I met on the T forum are now on the CL forum  and It is hard to follow and react to their posts.  Not having a CL makes me reluctant to post  on the CL forum .. the separation  is unnecessary, given that the two systems share so much .. they are essentially the same camera with the only major difference being the EVF.  The output is  identical as far as I can see..

My view  is that the T, TL forum   has suffered greatly due to the CL crowd leaving.. That is too bad!

Please Combine the APC (CL, TL etc) forums into one ..

Thank you,

Rick Perry 

Beach Sand - Costa Rica - TL2 - 18-56

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by RickP
  • Like 9

I'd like to see the APS-C unite with the Ts and the CL.  I really liked the T camera but can't afford both... would be nice to keep seeing all the posts tho and especially see particular lens combos and the shots taken by them.

Makes sense to keep these 2 bodies together in the forum :)

Leica probably resisted lumping all the APS-C cameras on this forum to emphasize the newness and other marketing goodnesses of the CL.  If you view this forum as a place to ask and answer questions about the operation of the CL, the CL is in a category by itself.  But if it is a place to view pictures and discuss the making of pictures, there is a lot of commonality across the cameras that use the L mount.  Personally I view shooting the SL and CL (I use both) as a continuum, and the M10 as embodying a different approach, fitting different subject matter.

Merging CL, T, TL should have been done in the beginning.

SL is debatable. Should it belong to the L mount family or the FF family ? I think neither. I would vote to keep it as is.

Dear Moderators - it is time to combine CL and TL!

Sincerely,

Rick Perry

+1 for grouping T/TL/TL2/ with CL. They are part of the same range and ligue. Advices and help can very often appied to both.

Having owned a SL for some time, I can't imagine it can be put with the former: it is an apparatus from another world and i have used it to say.

Yes please, Mods combine CL and T's. Thanks.