AF-ON - Leica please listen

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I know there is a firmware thread, but for me this is the most serious and easily correctable issue with the otherwise excellent CL. Give us an AF-ON button. 

It has been decades since I had to use an AF camera with the shutter and focus button linked. 

There is no need to explain why we need it... Leica please include this in the next firmware update. 

• Like 1

I know there is a firmware thread, but for me this is the most serious and easily correctable issue with the otherwise excellent CL. Give us an AF-ON button. 

It has been decades since I had to use an AF camera with the shutter and focus button linked. 

There is no need to explain why we need it... Leica please include this in the next firmware update. 

There are half a dozen entries in the firmware thread supporting this view -- that there should at least be a way to have the four-way control on the back of the CL act as the joystick does on the SL, providing an instant AF control, effective when in MF with an L lens.

• Like 2

There are half a dozen entries in the firmware thread supporting this view -- that there should at least be a way to have the four-way control on the back of the CL act as the joystick does on the SL, providing an instant AF control, effective when in MF with an L lens.

Yes, this is also my main concern with the CL (and it doesn't stop irritating me): Please provide an option to decouple AF and the shutter!

I guess that Leica decided, in the interest of minimalism, that half-press and manual focus readjust would suffice. It clearly does not.

I would like to see the half-press configurable, i.e. - AF+AE, AF, AE, Off. That should not be too difficult. Assigning a similar function to the center button would make this completely user-configurable. If there were the menu option of disabling touch-screen - triangle button focus point movement it would be even better.

• Like 3

As an M user for me the current possibilities are sufficient. I only like to switch the functionality from the right wheel to the left and the other way around.

Bernard de Graaf

www.bernarddefotograaf.nl

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk Pro

• 5 years later...