Photokina 2018

Sandokan

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi, 

Has anyone thought far enough in advance to consider going to Photokina 2018? 

It is Wed 26 Sept to Sat 29 Sept. 

Opening times:

daily (except Friday) from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.

Prices:

Day ticket Sat In Advance 12.00 EUR   Day ticket Fri (from 02:00 p.m.) In Advance 8.00 EUR  

I am planning it but cannot confirm for now. 

If folk will be there, why not meet up for a beer, coffee or dinner? 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hola Mary, 

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/271704-netherlands-meeting-s-hertogenbosch/page-11?do=findComment&comment=3307091

I will be there from Friday to Sunday, staying at the Hilton. Above link is post #203 - and I am fairly easy to spot, there is a black spot on my nose. Hope to meet you there, I can PM you my phone number. 

@ Gobert - I will be in Arnhem on 29 June prior to the Nijmegen meet, with Maarten for a coffee and walk around town. 

• 2 months later...

Ravi, Kim & I will be at Photokina on Sat, look forward to seeing you again there.

Hola Mary, 

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/271704-netherlands-meeting-s-hertogenbosch/page-11?do=findComment&comment=3307091

I will be there from Friday to Sunday, staying at the Hilton. Above link is post #203 - and I am fairly easy to spot, there is a black spot on my nose. Hope to meet you there, I can PM you my phone number. 

@ Gobert - I will be in Arnhem on 29 June prior to the Nijmegen meet, with Maarten for a coffee and walk around town. 

I will be at PK2018 on Friday whole day!

Any plans to meet for lunch somewhere?

Ravi?

Cheers

John

Hi John, 

My train arrives at 1305 so I think that is too late for lunch. 

I will call you when I am at the show and we can meet for coffee and cake. 

• Like 1

Hi John, 

My train arrives at 1305 so I think that is too late for lunch. 

I will call you when I am at the show and we can meet for coffee and cake.

Fine for me.

I have no time pressure.

So we can meet in the afternoon.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

...Has anyone thought far enough in advance to consider going to Photokina 2018? 

Photokina Cologne 2018: No Leica Gallery - No Lectures - No Visit.
Hope Leica will come in 2019 back to the standards of the last two Photokinas.

Photokina Cologne 2018: No Leica Gallery - No Lectures - No Visit.

Hope Leica will come in 2019 back to the standards of the last two Photokinas.

I get the impression that we’re supposed to come to the Leitz Park: “For the duration of photokina 2018, Leitz Park is offering an exclusive, two-day offer as a special highlight for visitors with a passion for photography.”

I get the impression that we’re supposed to come to the Leitz Park: “For the duration of photokina 2018, Leitz Park is offering an exclusive, two-day offer as a special highlight for visitors with a passion for photography.”

Yes, for Leica it's a cheap and easy strategy not to show a better presentation at Photokina 2018.
But the main purpuse of a trade fair is the coming together of as many producers, sellers, traders and consuments as possible physically at one central location.
If other photo companies adopt this strange behavior of Leica, should we then start a tour of Germany or even Central-Europe?
Thank you, but Germany's highways are too overcrowded and trains from Cologne-Deutz to Wetzlar and then local buses to Leica headquarters are cumbersome and time-consuming.
Probably I will decide for a daytrip to the Leica exhibition and hope to find inlet there without a then unnecessary ticket to the Photokina.