If you thought your len set up was expensive...

jto555

These lenses are irrelevant to photography. With same relevance you could put some medical imaginary equipment and make big eyes about its cost.

This statement is typo, I guess:"As photography and film move closer and closer together, the technologies and tools have started to blend together."

Because after it he brags how photo cameras are in use for video.

How old is this puppy? Photo cameras are in use for amateur and professional video over decade now.  

Cine and professional video, broadcast lenses were never cheap. Two hundred thousands dollars for bunch of those lenses isn't really shocking. I used to sell professional video cameras for 50K$ each. 

For your info:

https://www.adorama.com/l/Video-Equipment/Video-Lenses-and-Accessories/Fujinon~Broadcast-Lenses

Edited by Ko.Fe.

Most cine makers rent gear, and being able to choose from a set of lenses optically matched (t-stop, color, etc) is invaluable. I do know a couple film makers who use adapted still lenses and it shows in their scene selections - usually done quite well, albeit a less fluid style than some would enjoy - but there are always those.

These lenses are irrelevant to photography. With same relevance you could put some medical imaginary equipment and make big eyes about its cost.

I do understand that. First of all they are different lens mounts and way too big and cumbersome for handheld stills photography. However, it does put the €10,000 Leica 75mm Noctilux into perspective.

My real take was how popular Leica Cine lens are for film production. And at nearly $40,000 per lens it should mean more resources going into lens research and design. Which can only be a win for for us in the "cheap seats" of stills photography.