M7 under warranty and pinholes in shutter curtain

Advertisement (gone after registration)

It's very difficult for you to ask Leica to repair the camera free of charge because you can not prove that the hole is in the curtain from the moment you got it from Leica or its agent. It's also please don't it by your self by glue or something like that. You'd better contact www.cameraworks-uk.com, check the price and talk with them about your problem. They can replace the curtain with lower price than Leica. They can even replace the Leica curtain by a Nikon F2 metal curtain if you have a non working F2 as for parts. Anyways it's still cheaper to do the repair with Leica.

Good luck

@jaapv yup, but since this is the first time I've seen this thread I'll comment... I actually tested to see how quickly one can burn the shutter.  In place of the shutter, I held the  camera open @ B setting and put a piece of paper there where the film would be.  I had the lens capped, but wide open and at infinity.  Pointing it at the sun, the moment I uncapped the lens the paper started to smoke!  It literally just takes a few seconds to burn a hole.

When I take my Ms out I do a bunch of things.. If I do not have the lens cap on it and I am not actively using the camera, just carrying it,  I make sure that the camera/lens is never pointed upwards.  2/ I make sure the lens is not set to infinity. 3/ I make sure the aperture is not wide open.

When I am actively using the camera, I am pretty much holding it with one hand even with a camera strap, so I know all the time where it is being pointed.

• Like 2