50.000 ISO problem with CL

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Odd! I get it, too. I shot two frames, the first using the regular shutter at 1/8000s and ISO 50,000 and the other using the electronic shutter at 1/25,000 and ISO 50,000. I imported them into Lightroom and upped the contrast to +100 and the exposure to +2.00. The regular shutter showed the same artifact. The electronic shutter didn't show it. Moreover, I also have experienced this effect with my Oly OMD EM-1's at high ISO. I recall researching it, and folks called it "amp glow.," caused by heat from nearby electronic elements. I don't understand, however, why it would only affect the mechanical shutter.....

• Like 1

If I ever need ISO 50,000 then I will deal with the issue, should it arise, at that time.

I have lived 55 years on this earth and thus far have never needed to shoot at 50,000 ISO.

I do understand everyone's needs are different.

Crack on.

:D

I get similar results at 50000iso or sometimes 25000iso. This is at f8 in dark lighting.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Just had time to go back into my LR catalog. This is handheld in moonlight ISO 80,000/RAW LR +2EV when I had an a7S. Was able to clean up the purple pretty good in LR, but not ideal.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!